Video 5 from the Jarvis Physical Examination and Health Assessment Video Series begins with a review of the thoracic landmarks and reference lines and the lung structures. Then it presents inspection, palpation, percussion, and auscultation of the posterior thorax and the anterior thorax. In both areas, it features expected and unexpected breath sounds during auscultation.
- Bonus materials include:
- Health history topics about the thorax and lungs
- A list of equipment for examining the thorax and lungs
- Two cross-cultural scenes about chest volume variations in different populations and hypoxemia assessment in darkly pigmented individuals
- Three developmental scenes about fatigue with breathing and atelectatic crackles in older adults, and breath sounds in infants and toddlers
- One health promotion scenario as an overview of the topic
- A list of patient-teaching topics, ranging from smoking cessation to influenza prevention