Physical Examination and Health Assessment DVD Series: DVD 15: Head-To-Toe Examination of the Child, Version 2,
List Price: $583.00
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Video 15 from the Jarvis Physical Examination and Health Assessment Video Series takes a systematic approach to the complete examination of a preschooler, combining body-system assessments within the same region and adapting techniques to suit the child’s developmental stage. First, it shows how to obtain an overview by observing general appearance, measuring height and weight, and assessing vital signs. Then it proceeds through the body regions, saving potentially distressing examinations for last. It includes examination of the chest and heart, abdomen, genitalia (with variations for girls and boys), legs, arms, head and neck, eyes, nose, mouth and throat, and ears.
- Bonus materials include:
- Health history topics for the parents related to complete examination of their child
- A list of equipment for performing a head-to-toe examination of a child
- One cross-cultural scene about sclera variations in black and white children
- Seven scenes of pediatric tips, ranging from techniques for engaging preschoolers to palpating the abdomen in ticklish children
- One health promotion scenario about teaching parents to encourage health habits for their child
- A list of patient-teaching topics, ranging from childhood immunizations to safety in the home environment
Carolyn Jarvis, PhD, APN, CNP, Professor, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University; Nurse Practitioner, Community Health Care Clinic, Bloomington, Illinois