Physical Examination and Health Assessment DVD Series: DVD 13: Head-To-Toe Examination of the Pregnant Woman, Version 2,
List Price: $583.00
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Video 13 from the Jarvis Physical Examination and Health Assessment Video Series shows a complete initial examination during the first trimester of pregnancy, and key assessments and findings during the third trimester. It combines body-system assessments within the same region, shows developmental adaptations in examination techniques, highlights pregnancy and fetal assessments, and compares expected findings early and late in pregnancy. In the first trimester, it shows how to perform a general survey, assess vital signs, and measure height and weight. It continues with examination of the musculoskeletal system; legs; head and face; eyes, ears, nose, and throat; neck; extremities; thorax and lungs; heart; breasts; abdomen; genitalia; and pelvis. It includes a scenario about health promotion during pregnancy. In the third trimester, it covers vital signs and measurements; examination of the musculoskeletal system, legs, thorax and lungs, heart, breasts, abdomen, and fetus; and health promotion topics.
- Bonus materials include:
- Health history topics related to complete examination of a pregnant woman
- A list of equipment for performing a head-to-toe examination of a pregnant woman
- Three cross-cultural scenes about culture and diet, and differences in vascular spiders and striae in light-skinned and dark-skinned women
- One developmental scene about fetal heart rate changes during pregnancy
- Two health promotion scenarios about enhancing maternal and fetal health during pregnancy, and reinforcing prenatal supervision and self-care
- A list of patient-teaching topics, ranging from techniques for managing pregnancy discomforts to childbirth preparation options
Carolyn Jarvis, PhD, APN, CNP, Professor, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University; Nurse Practitioner, Community Health Care Clinic, Bloomington, Illinois