Physical Examination and Health Assessment DVD Series: DVD 17: Head-To-Toe Examination of the Older Adult, Version 2,
List Price: $583.00
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Video 17 from the Jarvis Physical Examination and Health Assessment Video Series takes a systematic approach to complete examination of the older adult, combining body-system assessments within the same region, adapting techniques for an older adult, and highlighting variations in findings related to age and functional impairment. First, it shows how to obtain an overview by measuring height and weight, inspecting the skin, and assessing vital signs. Then it proceeds to the head-to-toe examination and covers assessment of the head and face, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, throat, neck, chest, upper extremities, breasts, neck vessels, heart, abdomen, lower extremities (while supine), neurologic system, lower extremities (when standing), neuromuscular function, and genitalia and rectum (with variations for men and women).
- Bonus materials include:
- Health history topics related to complete examination of an older adult
- A list of equipment for performing a head-to-toe examination of an older adult
- Two cross-cultural scenes about health risks associated with culture, and keloids in older black adults
- Two health promotion scenarios about breast self-examination and mammography, and testicular self-examination
- A list of patient-teaching topics, ranging from specific screening tests to safe medication use
Carolyn Jarvis, PhD, APN, CNP, Professor, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University; Nurse Practitioner, Community Health Care Clinic, Bloomington, Illinois