Assess your knowledge, enhance your critical thinking capabilities, and apply the skills you’ve learned in Today’s Medical Assistant with this engaging study guide! This comprehensive collection of review tools, application exercises, and expert insight provides a fun, practical way to strengthen your understanding of concepts and procedures from the text and ensure complete preparation for success in medical assisting!
- Key Term Assessments reinforce your grasp of important medical terminology.
- Pretests and Posttests help you assess your content knowledge and perfect your test-taking skills.
- Critical Thinking Activities correlated directly to the text challenge you to apply what you’ve learned to realistic patient scenarios.
- Procedure checklists make it easy to track procedure performance.
- Labeling Exercises in the anatomy chapters let you practice identifying anatomic structures.
- Evaluation of Learning short-answer questions enable you to gauge your understanding of each chapter’s primary topics and discussion points.
- Practice for Competency charts help you practice clinical skills and track your progress.
- Evaluation of Competency checklists allow you to compare your performance to the stated objectives and performance standards and assess your strengths and weaknesses.
- Medication flash cards make it easier to learn and understand important drug information.
- A Road to Recovery game provides a fun, interactive way to practice your responses to realistic medical office scenarios.
- Crossword Puzzles help you review terms and concepts in an engaging, entertaining format.
- Pharmacology Math Review exercises refresh your mathematic skills with real-world scenarios and equations similar to those you’ll encounter in practice.
- An Externship Evaluation helps you keep track of your work experience and prepare for a successful transition into the professional environment.
Section 1: INTRODUCTION TO MEDICAL ASSISTING
1. The Health Care System
2. The Professional Medical Assistant
3. Ethics and Law for the Medical Office
4. Interacting with Patients
Section 2: ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
5. Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
6. Integumentary System
7. Skeletal System
8. Muscular System
9. Nervous System
10. The Senses
11. Endocrine System
12. Circulatory System
13. Respiratory System
14. Digestive System
15. Urinary System
16. Reproductive System
Section 3: CLINICAL COMPONENT
17. Medical Asepsis and the OSHA Standard
18. Sterilization and Disinfection
19. Vital Signs
20. The Physical Examination
21. Eye and Ear Assessment and Procedures
22. Physical Agents to Promote Tissue Healing
23. The Gynecologic Examination and Prenatal Care
24. The Pediatric Examination
25. Minor Office Surgery
26. Administration of Medication and Intravenous Therapy
27. Cardiopulmonary Procedures
28. Specialty Examinations and Procedures: Colon Procedures, Male Reproductive Health, and Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging
29. Introduction to the Clinical Laboratory
33. Blood Chemistry and Serology
34. Medical Microbiology
35. Emergency Medical Procedures
Section 4: ADMINISTRATIVE COMPONENT
36. The Medical Record
37. Patient Reception
38. Medical Office Computerization
39. Telephone Techniques
40. Scheduling Appointments
41. Medical Records Management
42. Written Communications
44. Managing Practice Finances
45. Medical Coding
46. Medical Insurance
47. Billing and Collections
48. The Medical Assistant as Office Manager
49. Obtaining Employment