Study Guide for Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant, 7th Edition
Get more practice with medical assisting competencies and test your critical thinking skills! Designed to support Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach, 7th Edition by Alexandra P. Young-Adams, this study guide offers a complete review of content and a wide range of exercises to help you master CAAHEP and ABHES competencies.
- A variety of exercises test your knowledge and critical thinking skills, including vocabulary review, multiple choice, fill in the blank, and true/false questions.
- The most current content and competencies associated with CAAHEP and ABHES are included, such as emergency preparedness, patient education, and documentation.
- Procedure checklists allow you to tear out each sheet and provide to your instructor for evaluation.
- Exercises are cross-referenced to the Connections themes in your textbook.
- Additional exercises enhance the learning experience with skills and concepts, word puzzles, case studies, work applications, and Internet activities.
- English-Spanish terms help bilingual students master the content.
- Work products may be submitted to your instructor and to accrediting organizations as documentation that a competency has been completed.
- Expanded coverage of the Electronic Medical Record includes Practice Partner EMR activities for extra practice with this key competency.
- A companion Evolve website includes A&P exercises with medical animations.
Introduction 1. Becoming a Successful Student 2. The Healthcare Industry Unit One: Introduction to Medical Assisting 3. The Medical Assisting Profession 4. Professional Behavior in the Workplace 5. Interpersonal Skills and Human Behavior 6. Medicine and Ethics 7. Medicine and Law Unit Two: Administrative Medical Assisting 8. Computer Concepts 9. Telephone Techniques 10. Scheduling Appointments 11. Patient Reception and Processing 12. Office Environment and Daily Operations 13. Written Communications and Document Processing Unit Three: Health Information in the Medical Office 14. The Paper Medical Record 15. The Electronic Medical Record 16. Health Information Management 17. Privacy in the Physician's Office Unit Four: Billing and Coding Procedures 18. Basics of Diagnostic Coding 19. Basics of Procedure Coding 20. Basics of Health Insurance 21. The Health Insurance Claim Form 22. Professional Fees, Billing, and Collecting Unit Five: Financial and Practice Management 23. Banking Services and Procedures 24. Management of Practice Finances 25. Medical Practice Management and Human Resources 26. Medical Practice Marketing and Customer Service Unit Six: Assisting with Medical Specialties 27. Emergency Preparedness and Assisting with Medical Emergencies Unit Seven: Career Development 28. Career Development and Life Skills Procedure Checklist English-Spanish Terms
Alexandra Patricia Adams, BBA, RMA, CMA (AAMA), MA, Adjunct Instructor, Everest College, Arlington Midcities Campus, Arlington, TX; Professional Writer, Grand Prairie, TX; Formerly, Director of Admissions, Parker College of Chiropractic, Dallas, TX; Formerly, Program Director, Medical Assisting/HIM Programs, Ultrasound Diagnostic School, Irving, TX