Kinn's The Medical Assistant - Study Guide and Procedure Checklist Manual Package, 11th Edition
The perfect chapter-by-chapter companion to Kinn's The Medical Assistant, 11th Edition, the study guide and procedure checklist manual provide unparalleled review of the practical, real-world administrative and clinical skills essential to your success in health care. Engaging study tools and practice exercises make it easy to review essential concepts, assess your understanding, and confidently prepare for today's competitive job market.
- A variety of exercises test your content knowledge and critical thinking skills through Vocabulary Review, Short Answer, Fill in the Blank, and True/False questions.
- End-of-chapter Quizzes on Evolve help you assess your understanding of chapter content.
- Work Products enable you to provide documentation to your instructor and accrediting organizations to demonstrate a completed competency.
- Up-to-date content reflects current CAAHEP and ABHES standards on Patient Education, Documentation, and more.
- A guide to English-Spanish Terms helps you explain important concepts to a broader range of patients.
- Additional exercises including Skills & Concepts, Word Puzzles, Case Studies, Workplace Applications, and Internet Activities make studying more engaging and reinforce your understanding.
- Expanded coverage of the Electronic Health Record and accompanying Practice Partner E.H.R. activities on Evolve keep you up to date with emerging tools in the field.
- Procedure Checklists Manual packaged with your study guide helps you track your performance of every procedure included in the textbook.
- Separately bound Study Guide and Procedure Checklist Manual enable you to carry just the individual resources you need with you to class or the lab.
1 Becoming a Successful Student
2 The Healthcare Industry
Unit One: Introduction to Medical Assisting
3 The Medical Assisting Profession
4 Professional Behavior in the Workplace
5 Interpersonal Skills and Human Behavior
6 Medicine and Ethics
7 Medicine and Law
Unit Two: Administrative Medical Assisting
8 Computer Concepts
9 Telephone Techniques
10 Scheduling Appointments
11 Patient Reception and Processing
12 Office Environment and Daily Operations
13 Written Communications and Mail Processing
Unit Three: Health Information in the Medical Office
14 The Paper Medical Record (formerly Medical Records Management)
15 The Electronic Medical Record
16 Health Information Management
17 Privacy in the Physician's Office
Unit Four: Billing and Coding Procedures
18 Basics of Diagnostic Coding
19 Basics of Procedural Coding
20 Basics of Health Insurance
21 The Health Insurance Claim Form
22 Professional Fees, Billing, and Collecting
Unit Five: Financial and Practice Management
23 Banking Services and Procedures
24 Management of Practice Finances
25 Medical Practice Management and Human Resources
26 Medical Practice Marketing and Customer Service
Unit Six: Fundamentals of Clinical Medical Assisting
27 Infection Control
28 Patient Assessment
29 Patient Education
30 Nutrition and Health Promotion
31 Vital Signs
32 Assisting with the Primary Physical Examination
Unit Seven: Assisting with Medications
33 Principles of Pharmacology
34 Pharmacology Math
35 Administering Medications
Unit Eight: Assisting with Medical Specialties
36 Emergency Preparedness and Assisting With Medical Emergencies
37 Assisting in Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology
38 Assisting in Dermatology
39 Assisting in Gastroenterology
40 Assisting in Urology and Male Reproduction
41 Assisting in Obstetrics and Gynecology
42 Assisting in Pediatrics
43 Assisting in Orthopedic Medicine
44 Assisting in Neurology and Mental Health
45 Assisting in Endocrinology
46 Assisting in Pulmonary Medicine
47 Assisting in Cardiology
48 Assisting in Geriatrics
Unit Nine: Diagnostic Procedures
49 Principles of Electrocardiography
50 Assisting with Diagnostic Imaging
51 Assisting in the Clinical Laboratory
52 Assisting in the Analysis of Urine
53 Assisting in Phlebotomy
54 Assisting in the Analysis of Blood
55 Assisting in Microbiology and Immunology
Unit Ten: Assisting with Surgeries
56. Surgical Supplies and Instruments
57. Surgical Asepsis and Assisting with Surgical Procedures
Unit Eleven: Career Development
58. Career Development and Life Skills
Deborah B. Proctor, EdD, RN, CMA, Professor and Director, Medical Assisting Program, Butler County Community College, Butler, PA and Alexandra Patricia Adams, BBA, RMA, CMA (AAMA), MA, Adjunct Instructor, Everest College, Arlington Midcities Campus, Arlington, TX; Professional Writer, Grand Prairie, TX; Formerly, Director of Admissions, Parker College of Chiropractic, Dallas, TX; Formerly, Program Director, Medical Assisting/HIM Programs, Ultrasound Diagnostic School, Irving, TX