A complete course on advanced coding, Advanced Medical Coding Online combines content, self-study, and assessment into a single product that can be used to enhance a traditional classroom or immediately implemented as part of an institution's distance learning program. Designed to be used in conjunction with Buck's The Next Step Medical Coding: From Classroom to Practice, this online component reinforces important concepts in concise lessons incorporating figures, photographs, and links to relevant websites. Modules and coding cases in the course parallel the text's table of contents. The course is presented as though the author, Carol Buck, were teaching — helping students navigate the course, checking their comprehension along the way, and providing feedback and encouragement.
- Engaging Lesson Lectures by Carol Buck appear in each online chapter, personalizing content and guiding the learner through the text and content.
- Course management tools provide a variety of student and instructor communication options including real-time chat, class calendar, e-mail connections, bulletin board, digital drop box, discussion board, instructor syllabus, and grade books.
- Try It!, a unique case approach to advanced coding, lets learners read cases, code them onscreen, and receive feedback, including a full rationale for the correct answer.
- Completed audit forms can be accessed for every applicable Try It! case.
- Master It! end-of-module exams allow learners to demonstrate their mastery of the content, with automatic scoring of assessments and automatic grade calculations.
- Links to Abbreviations and Glossary include full descriptions and definitions.
- Links to relevant websites provide additional resources to enhance learning.