Workbook and Lab Manual for Sonography, 3rd Edition
Master the content from your textbook with this helpful review! Corresponding to the chapters in Sonography: Introduction to Normal Structure and Function, 3rd Edition, this workbook and lab manual includes exercises and unlabeled illustrations. You fill in the labels to identify the anatomy in drawings and sonograms, reinforcing your understanding of the text.
- Unlabeled line drawings and sonograms offer labeling practice to reinforce learning about each scan's important structures.
- Lab manual exercises reinforce memorization and comprehension of the material in the text.
- New lab exercises and image challenges help you memorize, comprehend, apply, and evaluate the concepts presented in the textbook.
- New exercises cover the new material in the text:
- Prostate and scrotum
- Upper extremity vascular imaging
- Neonatal hip and spine
- 3D and 4D imaging
- Female pelvis scanning
- Thoracocentesis and paracentesis
- Doppler techniques for fetal ductus venosus, aorta and MCA imaging
- Quality control protocol
- Scanning planes and sectional anatomy
Section I: Clinical Applications 1. Before and After the Ultrasound Examination 2. General Patient Care 3. Ultrasound Instrumentation and Processing 4. Your First Scanning Experience Section II: Sonographic Approach to Understanding Anatomy 5. Body Systems 6. Body Layers and Sectional Anatomy 7. Embryological Development NEW! Section III: Abdominal Sonography 8. The Abdominal Aorta 9. The Inferior Vena Cava 10. The Portal Venous System 11. Abdominal Vasculature 12. The Liver 13. The Biliary System 14. The Pancreas 15. The Urinary System 16. The Spleen 17. The Gastrointestinal System Section IV: Pelvic Sonography 18. The Male Pelvis 19. The Female Pelvis Section V: Obstetric Sonography 20. First Trimester 21. Second and Third Trimester 22. High-Risk Obstetrics Section VI: Superficial Sonography 23. Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands 24. Breast 25. Penis and Scrotum NEW! Section VII: Introduction to Specialty Sonography 26. Neonatal Brain 27. Pediatric Echocardiography 28. Adult Echocardiography 29. Vascular Technology Section VIII: Advances in Sonography 30. Three-Dimensional Ultrasound 31. Interventional and Intraoperative Sonography
Reva Arnez Curry, PhD, RDMS, RTR, FSDMS, Executive Director of Community Partnerships, H201 Stockton Center for Community Schools, School of Education, Richard Stockton College, Pomona, NJ and Betty Bates Tempkin, BA, Member, Board of Directors, Piedmont Virginia Community College, Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program, Charlottesville, VA; Ultrasound Consultant, Middlebrook, VA; Formerly, Clinical Director, Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program, Hillsborough Community College, Tampa, FL