Workbook for Saunders Essentials of Medical Assisting, 2nd Edition
Test your knowledge and gain confidence in performing medical assisting procedures! Designed to support Klieger’s Saunders Essentials of Medical Assisting, 2nd Edition, this workbook matches the textbook chapter for chapter, and provides a review of terminology and content, plus critical thinking and application exercises. Includes a helpful, all-inclusive appendix!
- Content review in each chapter includes a review of vocabulary, theory recall, multiple-choice questions, sentence completion, short answers, critical thinking, case studies, skill applications, and chapter quizzes.
- Anatomy and Physiology chapters include labeling exercises.
- A user-friendly appendix makes it easy to align forms or information sheets to specific procedures or chapters in the textbook.
A Supplemental Chapter Materials appendix includes all procedure checklists, as well as sample forms and patient scenarios for real-world practice.
Section One: Strategies for Success
- Successful Learning
- Becoming a Professional
- Diversity in Health Care Delivery
- Law and Ethics in Health Care
- Understanding Human Behavior
- Understanding Patient Behavior
- Effective Communication
- Communicating with Patients
- Understanding Medical Terminology
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology
- Cardiovascular System
- Blood, Lymphatic, and Immune Systems NEW!
- Respiratory System
- Digestive System
- Nervous System
- Sensory System
- Skeletal System
- Muscular System
- Urinary System
- Reproductive System
- Endocrine System
- Integumentary System
- The Medical Office
- Computers in the Medical Office
- Medical Office Communication
- Medical Records and Chart Documentation
- Financial Management
- Medical Coding
- Medical Insurance
- Infection Control and Asepsis
- Preparing the Examination Room
- Body Measurements and Vital Signs
- Obtaining the Medical History
- Assisting with the Physical Examination
- Radiography and Diagnostic Testing
- Therapeutic Procedures
- Specialty Diagnostic Testing
- Introduction to the Physician’s Office Laboratory
- Phlebotomy NEW!
- Laboratory Testing in the Physician's Office
- Understanding Medications
- Administering Medications
- Minor Office Surgery
- Basic First Aid and Medical Office Emergencies
- Beginning Your Job Search
Section Two: Foundational Concepts
Section Three: Anatomy and Physiology
Section Four: Administrative Medical Assisting
Section Five: Clinical Medical Assisting
Section Six: Employment and Beyond
A. Common Abbreviations and Symbols
B. Common Prefixes and Suffixes
C. Common Laboratory Test Values
D. English-to-Spanish Guide NEW!
Diane M. Klieger, RN, MBA, CMA (AAMA), Retired Program Director, Medical Assisting; Adjunct Medical Assisting Instructor, Pinellas Technical Education Centers, St. Petersburg, FL, USA