This workbook companion to Radiography Essentials for Limited Practice, 3rd Edition contains a variety of exercises designed to challenge you on the most important theories and information needed to practice limited radiography. Reinforce your learning with multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, diagrams, and matching exercises. Also included are exam prep sections that include mock exams for limited scope radiography and bone densitometry and guidelines for exam preparation.
- Over 100 labeling exercises with anatomy illustrations and radiographic images to help you learn anatomy and understand how it appears on radiographic images.
- Exercises for every topic from the text, including x-ray science and techniques; radiation safety; radiographic anatomy, pathology, and more that reinforce your understanding of important topics.
- Updated and standardized anatomy and positioning labeling and terminology match usage in Radiography Essentials for Limited Practice to help you easily apply knowledge from the text to workbook exercises.
- Bone densitometry section provides valuable practice to help you perform bone densitometry exams.
- New and updated exercises on digital imaging, podiatric positioning, cultural issues, electronic medical records, and more reinforce content from the text.
1. Role of the Limited X-ray Machine Operator
2. Introduction to Radiographic Equipment
3. Basic Mathematics for Limited Operators
4. Basic Physics for Radiography
5. X-ray Production
6. X-ray Circuit and Tube Heat Management
7. Principles of Exposure and Image Quality
8. Screen/Film Image Receptor Systems
9. Digital Image Receptor Systems – NEW!
10. X-ray Darkroom and Film Processing
11. Scatter Radiation and Its Control
12. Formulating X-ray Techniques
13. Radiobiology and Radiation Safety
14. Introduction to Anatomy, Positioning, and Pathology
15. Upper Extremity and Shoulder Girdle
16. Lower Extremity and Pelvis
18. Bony Thorax, Chest, and Abdomen
19. Skull, Facial Bones, and Paranasal Sinuses
20. Radiography of Pediatric and Geriatric Patients
21. Film Critique
22. Ethics, Legal Considerations, and Professionalism
23. Safety and Infection Control
24. Assessing Patients and Managing Acute Situations
25. Medications and Their Administration
26. Medical Laboratory Skills
27. Additional Procedures for Assessment and Diagnosis
28. Bone Densitometry – NEW!