Radiographic Imaging for the Dental Team, 4th Edition
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and
you will not be charged until the item ships.
Fully revised and up to date, the 4th edition of this trusted, all-in-one work-text helps you effectively acquire, process, and review dental radiographs and ensure successful patient outcomes. Learn and apply essential imaging techniques with ease while staying up-to-date on the latest technology and the most current practices in dental radiography. Concise, easy-to-read chapters detail the complete spectrum of radiographic imaging, supported by valuable review material to help you solidify your understanding of key concepts and prepare for professional success!
- Study questions at the end of each chapter help you assess your knowledge and identify areas requiring further review.
- Glossary of radiographic terms presents essential terms and definitions in one convenient place.
- UPDATED photographs and illustrations reflect the most current tools and technology in the field.
- Chapter on implant and extraoral imaging helps you better understand the link between these two related techniques and ensure the most accurate image evaluation.
- Design and chapter organization make content more accessible and inviting.
- Companion Evolve website reinforces your understanding with review activities and practice exams.
1. Intraoral Imaging Techniques
2. Image Processing and Quality Assurance
3. Film Mounting and Normal Radiographic Anatomy
4. X Ray Properties and the Generation of X Rays
5. Radiation Biology and Protection
6. Image Characteristics
7. Digital Imaging
8. Panoramic Imaging
9. Technique/Processing Errors and Troubleshooting
10. Accessory Radiographic Techniques and Patient Management
11. Extraoral, Specialized, and Implant Imaging
12. Basics of Interpretation: Normal versus Abnormal and Common Radiographic Presentation of Lesions
Dale A. Miles, BA, DDS, MS, FRCD, Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health, Margot L. Van Dis, DDS, MS, Associate Dean for Education and Student Affairs, Indiana University School of Dentistry, Indianapolis, IN, Gail F. Williamson, RDH, MS, Associate Professor, Department of Oral Surgery, Medicine and Pathology, Indiana University, School of Dentistry, Indianapolis, IN and Catherine W. Jensen, RDH, MHE, Former Director, Southern Illinois Mobile X-Ray Company, Makanda, IL