Medical Assisting Online for Saunders Essentials of Medical Assisting (User Guide and Access Code), 2nd Edition
Medical Assisting Online is an engaging, fully integrated online course that supplements the coverage in Saunders Essentials of Medical Assisting, 2nd Edition with interactive exercises to prepare you for professional success in medical assisting. Ideal for distance learning or an enhanced classroom experience, this new edition is competency-based and more interactive than ever, giving you practice performing the clinical and administrative tasks you'll encounter on the job, such as checking in patients, filing insurance claims, taking vital signs, administering medications, and more.
- Easy-to-use learning modules correspond directly to textbook content to strengthen your understanding.
- Self-comprehension questions and interactive exercises interspersed throughout allow you to check your comprehension and learn from feedback.
- Engaging Training Activities cover key curriculum competencies, guiding you step-by-step through important skills and encouraging you to try them on your own.
- Video clips demonstrate the most commonly performed clinical procedures and techniques in vivid detail.
- Pop-up boxes provide further explanations, forms, or oversized figures, enabling you to "dig deeper" and see the tools and paperwork actually used on the job.
- Automatically scored quizzes and exams help you evaluate your comprehension and check your grade at any time throughout the course.
- A glossary of definitions with audio pronunciations is linked on each screen to help you learn the correct definitions in context.
- Updated content reflects the latest CAAHEP and ABHES competencies and familiarizes you with current trends and practices.
Module 1.1: Successful Learning Module 2.1: Becoming a Professional Module 3.1: Diversity in Health Care Delivery Module 4.1: Law and Liability Module 4.2: Licensure and Government Regulations Module 4.3: Ethics in Healthcare Module 6.1: Understanding Patient Behavior Module 7.1: Effective Communication Module 8.1: Communicating with Patients Module 9.1: Nutrition and Wellness Module 10.1: Understanding Medical Terminology Module 11.1: Basic Anatomy and Physiology Module 12.1: The Cardiovascular System Module 13.1: The Blood, Lymphatic, and Immune Systems Module 14.1: The Respiratory System Module 15.1: The Digestive System Module 16.1: The Nervous System Module 17.1: The Sensory System Module 18.1: The Skeletal System Module 19.1: The Muscular System Module 20.1: The Urinary System Module 21.1: The Reproductive System Module 22.1: The Endocrine System Module 23.1: The Integumentary System Module 24.1: The Medical Office Module 25.1: Computers in the Medical Office Module 26.1: Greeting Patients and Managing the Telephone Module 26.2: Scheduling Appointments Module 26.3: Scheduling Ancillary Appointments Module 26.4: Handling Mail Module 27.1: Medical Records Systems Module 27.2: Contents of Medical Records Module 27.3: Filing Medical Records Module 28.1: Bookkeeping Module 28.2: Banking Procedures Module 28.3: Perform Billing and Collection Procedures Module 28.4: Fee Adjustments Module 29.1: Medical Coding Module 30.1: Medical Insurance Module 30.2: Insurance Claims Module 31.1: Infection Control Module 31.2: Medical and Surgical Asepsis Module 31.3: The Autoclave Module 32.1: Preparing the Examination Room Module 33.1: Body Measurements and Vital Signs Module 34.1: Obtaining the Medical History Module 35.1: Assisting with the Physical Examination Module 36.1: Electrocardiography Module 37.1: Radiography and Diagnostic Imaging Module 38.1: Therapeutic Procedures -- Bandaging Module 39.1: Gynecological Examination and Testing Module 39.2: Fecal Testing Module 39.3: Pulmonary Function Tests Module 40.1: Introduction to the Physician's Office Laboratory Module 40.2: Documenting Tests and Test Results Module 40.3: Culture Collection Module 40.4: Urine Collection Module 41.1: Phlebotomy -- Capillary Puncture Module 41.2: Phlebotomy -- Venipuncture Module 41.3: Serum and Plasma Separation Module 42.1: Laboratory Testing -- Urinalysis Module 42.2: Laboratory Testing -- Hematology Module 42.3: Laboratory Testing -- Blood Chemistry Module 42.4: Laboratory Testing -- Serology Module 42.5: Laboratory Testing -- Microbiology Module 43.1: Understanding Medications Module 44.1: Administering Medications Module 44.2: Allergy and Tuberculin Testing Module 45.1: Minor Office Surgery Module 46.1: Basic First Aid and Medical Office Emergencies Module 47.1: Beginning Your Job Search
Diane M. Klieger, RN, MBA, CMA (AAMA), Retired Program Director, Medical Assisting; Adjunct Medical Assisting Instructor, Pinellas Technical Education Centers, St. Petersburg, FL, USA