Medical Assisting Online for Today's Medical Assistant,
Medical Assisting Online is an engaging, fully integrated online course that supplements the comprehensive coverage of Today's Medical Assistant: Clinical and Administrative Procedures with interactive exercises to prepare you for professional success in medical assisting. Ideal for distance learning or an enhanced classroom experience, this new edition is competency-based and more interactive than ever, giving you practice performing the clinical and administrative tasks you'll encounter on the job, such as checking in patients, filing insurance claims, taking vital signs, administering medications, and more.
- Easy-to-use learning modules correspond directly to textbook content to strengthen your understanding.
- Self-comprehension questions and interactive exercises interspersed throughout allow you to check your comprehension and learn from feedback.
- Engaging Training Activities cover key curriculum competencies, guiding you step-by-step through important skills and encouraging you to try them on your own.
- Video clips demonstrate the most commonly performed clinical procedures and techniques in vivid detail.
- Pop-up boxes provide further explanations, forms, or oversized figures, enabling you to "dig deeper" and see the tools and paperwork actually used on the job.
- Automatically scored quizzes and exams help you evaluate your comprehension and check your grade at any time throughout the course.
- A glossary of definitions with audio pronunciations is linked on each screen to help you learn the correct definitions in context.
- Updated content reflects the latest CAAHEP and ABHES competencies and familiarizes you with current trends and practices.
Module 1.1: The Health Care System Module 2.1: The Professional Medical Assistant Module 3.1: Ethics and Law for the Medical Office Module 4.1: Interacting with Patients Module 5.1: Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology Module 6.1: Integumentary System Module 7.1: Skeletal System Module 8.1: Muscular System Module 9.1: Nervous System Module 10.1: Sensory System Module 11.1: Endocrine System Module 12.1: Circulatory System Module 13.1: Respiratory System Module 14.1: Digestive System Module 15.1: Urinary System Module 16.1: Reproductive System Module 17.1: Medical Asepsis Module 17.2: OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard Module 18.1: Sterilization and Disinfection Module 19.1: Vital Signs Module 20.1: The Physical Examination Module 21.1: Eye and Ear Assessment and Procedures Module 22.1: Physical Agents to Promote Tissue Healing Module 23.1: The Gynecologic Examination and Prenatal Care Module 24.1: The Pediatric Examination Module 25.1: Minor Office Surgery Module 26.1: Administration of Medication Module 26.2: Tuberculin and Allergy Testing Module 27.1: Electrocardiography Module 27.2: Pulmonary Function Tests Module 28.1: Specialty Examinations: Colon Procedures Module 28.2: Specialty Examinations: Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging Module 29.1: Introduction to the Clinical Laboratory Module 30.1: Collection of Urine for Urinalysis Module 30.2: Urinalysis Module 31.1: Phlebotomy - Venipuncture Module 31.2: Phlebotomy - Skin Puncture Module 32.1: Hematology Module 33.1: Blood Chemistry and Serology Module 34.1: Medical Microbiology - Collection of Specimens Module 34.2: Medical Microbiology - Testing Specimens Module 35.1: Emergency Medical Procedures Module 36.1: The Medical Record Module 36.2: Confidentiality and the Patient Medical Record Module 37.1: Patient Reception Module 38.1: Medical Office Computerization Module 39.1: Telephone Techniques Module 40.1: Scheduling Appointments Module 41.1: Medical Records Management Module 42.1: Written Communications Module 43.1: Mail Module 44.1: Managing Practice Finances Module 44.2: Banking Activities Module 45.1: Medical Coding Module 46.1: Introduction to Medical Insurance Module 46.2: Insurance Claims Module 47.1: Perform Billing and Collection Procedures Module 48.1: The Medical Assistant as Office Manager Module 49.1: Obtaining Employment