Reinforce the textbook with online learning! With media-rich content that corresponds to and enhances Bonewit-West: Clinical Procedures for Medical Assistants, 7th Edition, this complete online course combines interactive content, practice, and assessment. Students interact with a variety of patient cases while getting “on-the-job” experience performing the same competencies they are expected to master to successfully graduate.
- The course correlates to CAAHEP and ABHES clinical competencies.
- Many patient scenarios are included, with tasks such as taking vital signs, administering medications, and performing a venipuncture.
- Modules direct students to read from the text and answer review questions to reinforce understanding.
- First-person virtual mentoring simplifies and personalizes instructions from the virtual supervisor.
- Training Activities challenge students to apply skills, allowing them to practice competencies in a safe environment.
- A self-evaluation checklist allows students to mark off lesson objectives they’ve mastered or review content for those requiring more study.
- Quick Review questions allow students to check their comprehension, stay engaged, and learn from feedback.
- Lounge Talk lets students review what they’ve learned from each lesson with their supervisor/mentor.
- Lesson quizzes and module exams let students demonstrate their mastery of the content, with automatic scoring and calculation of grades.
- Pop-up boxes include in-depth explanations, oversized figures, or paperwork forms actually used on the job.
- A glossary provides definitions and audio pronunciations, each term linked to relevant locations in the online content.
- Discussion board topics and assignments are posted online, saving the instructors time in preparation.
- The Evolve course management system saves time with automatic scoring and a grade book for the instructor, and improves class communication with real-time chat, calendar, e-mail, and bulletin board.
Module 1: Precautions for Patient Safety
Module 2: Preparing a Patient for a Physical Exam
Module 3: Assisting with Patient Examinations
Module 4: Collecting and Testing Laboratory Specimens
Module 5: Applying Pharmacology Principles for Patient Safety
Module 6: Assisting with Minor Office Surgery
Module 7: Testing to Assist with Patient Diagnosis
Module 8: Educating Patients for Compliance