Have quick and accessible reference to all of the essential information for administrative and clinical medical assisting! This pocket-sized guide helps you recall and apply key information rapidly when you need it. Tabbed sections highlight everything from basic office and clinical procedures to specimen collection, emergency care, and HIPAA.
- Lists, acronyms, bullets, boxes, tables and figures make learning straightforward and easy to understand.
- Step-by-step procedure boxes reinforce proper techniques for 25 common procedures following CAAHEP and ABHES competencies.
- Full-color illustrations display common x-ray positions, capillary puncture sites, injection sites and patient exam positions.
- Spiral binding allows the book to lay open to the needed page.
1. Administrative Procedures
2. Fundamental Principles
3. Diagnostic Orders
4. Patient Care
7. Legal Concepts
8. Patient Instruction
9. Operational Functions
10. Preparing for the Externship or New Job
11. Common Words and Phrases in Spanish
12. Mathematical Conversions