Saunders Medical Office Management - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
- Manager’s Alert boxes detail measures to help you avoid complications and prevent potential emergencies.
- From the Expert’s Notebook boxes help you build daily decision-making skills with helpful tips, suggestions, and insights drawn from real-world practice.
- Exercises at the end of each chapter reinforce concepts and help you assess your understanding.
- Detailed appendices provide fast, easy access to commonly used abbreviations and symbols, Medicare information, helpful websites, and answers to the end-o-f-chapter exercises, as well as a sample procedure and policy manual to guide you in developing your own practices.
- Written Communication chapter helps you ensure proper communication and documentation in the health care facility.
- Updated content in the Medical Record chapter familiarizes you with the latest information on the electronic medical record.
- The updated Billing, Coding, and Collections chapter keeps you up to date with the latest coding and insurance forms (CMS 1500).
- Coverage of current legal and ethical issues and emerging technology in the medical office keep you apprised of recent developments.
1. The Health Care Professional 2. Personnel Management 3. The Front Office 4. Written Communication NEW 5. Medical Record 6. Billing, Coding, and Collections 7. Fraud, Abuse, and Compliance 8. Documentation and Risk Assessment 9. Ethical and Legal Issues 10. Health Care Technology 11. Safety and Health 12. Responsibilities of the Manager 13. Outpatient Services, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, and Hospitals 14. The Financial Side 15. Medical Marketing
Appendices A. Sample Employee Pension Plan Booklet B. Medicare Carriers and Medicare Fraud Units by Region C. Internet Website Addresses for Health Care Professionals D. Abbreviations and Symbols Used in the Medical Office E. Patient Information Handbook for Central City Gastroenterology Associates F. Central City Medical Associates Office Procedure and Policy Manual G. Answers to Teasers, Testers, and Thinkers H. Sample Encounter Form I. Audit Summary Report Glossary
Alice Anne Andress, CCS-P, CCP, Director of Physician Services, Parente Randolph, LLC, Harrisburg, PA