Reinforce your understanding of medical terminology and apply your knowledge to the clinical setting! Corresponding to The Language of Medicine, 9th Edition, by Davi-Ellen Chabner, BA, MAT, this online course supplements the textbook with interactive exercises, dynamic animations, and narrated slide shows. Together with the text, Medical Terminology Online helps you develop the specialized vocabulary you need to communicate effectively in practice and the word analysis skills you need to define unfamiliar terms.
- Learning objectives reflect the objectives in the textbook.
- Threaded case studies highlight patients with particular medical conditions, revisiting those patients throughout a module in a real-world application of medical terminology.
- Interactive exercises help you recall and recognize medical terms through word building, labeling, spelling, image association, pronunciation, matching, true/false, fill-in-the-blank, and case studies.
- Medical records activities help you become familiar with entries and terminology in the medical record.
- Catch That? activities provide review questions and include a link to remediation content for incorrect answers.
- Glossary of over 5,000 terms offers quick access to definitions along with pronunciations in English and Spanish.
- Bolded and linked terms connect quickly and easily to definitions and audio pronunciations of terms.
- Enhanced art program includes additional photos beyond those in the textbook.
- Animations and slide shows demonstrate physiologic processes and communicate difficult concepts.
- Self-mastery quizzes allow you to assess your knowledge at the end of each section to determine your strengths and weaknesses.
- Self-mastery exams in each module are automatically scored and reported to the instructor.
- Website activities include online links that allow you to conduct further research.
- A new design reflects the appearance of the book's latest edition, and includes easier site navigation.
- Updated content includes new terms and abbreviations reflecting advances in technology and changes in health care.
- Outcome-based learning includes an objective for each module, with an assessment in each section to determine whether you have achieved the desired outcome/objective.
Module 1 Basic Word Structure
Module 2 Terms Pertaining to the Body as a Whole
Module 3 Suffixes
Module 4 Prefixes
Module 5 Digestive System
Module 6 Additional Suffixes and Digestive System Terminology
Module 7 Urinary System
Module 8 Female Reproductive System
Module 9 Male Reproductive System
Module 10 Nervous System
Module 11 Cardiovascular System
Module 12 Respiratory System
Module 13 Blood System
Module 14 Lymphatic/Immune System
Module 15 Musculoskeletal System
Module 16 Skin
Module 17 Sense Organs: Eye and Ear
Module 18 Endocrine System
Module 19 Cancer Medicine (Oncology)
Module 20 Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
Module 21 Pharmacology
Module 22 Psychiatry