Workbook and Lab Manual for Mosby's Pharmacy Technician,3rd Edition
With chapter-by-chapter review and practice, this easy-to-use workbook and lab manual helps you reinforce your understanding of key facts and concepts from Mosby's Pharmacy Technician: Principles and Practice, 3rd Edition. A wide variety of review questions, exercises, and activities help you study more effectively and learn to apply your knowledge for success on the job.
- Chapter-specific exercises (fill-in-the-blank, matching, true/false, and multiple-choice) reinforce key textbook concepts and help you prepare for exams.
- Experiential lab activities provide hands-on practice.
- Case scenarios and critical thinking questions strengthen your decision-making skills.
- UNIQUE! Internet research assignments challenge you to locate additional information and draw clinically relevant conclusions.
- Math calculation exercises enhance your proficiency with challenging mathematic calculations critical to practice.
Section One: General Pharmacy
1. History of Medicine and Pharmacy
2. Pharmacy Federal Laws and Regulations
3. Pharmacy Ethics, Competencies, Associations, and Settings for Technicians
4. Conversions and Calculations Used by Pharmacy Technicians
5. Dosage Forms, Routes of Administration, Drug Classifications, Drug Abbreviations & Medical Terminology
6. Drug Information References
7. Prescription Processing
8. Over-the-Counter Medications
9. Complementary Alternative Medicine
10. Hospital Pharmacy
11. Repackaging and Compounding
12. Aspetic Technique
13. Pharmacy Stock and Billing
14. Medication Safety and Error Prevention
Section Two: Body Systems
15. Endocrine System
16. Nervous System
18. Respiratory System
19. Visual and Auditory Systems
20. The Integumentary System
21. Gastrointestinal System
22. Urinary System
23. Cardiovascular System
24. Reproductive System
Section Three: Classifications of Drugs
26. Anti-inflammatories and Antihistamines
27. Vitamins and Minerals
29. Oncology Agents
Section Four: Basic Science for the Pharmacy Technician
Teresa Hopper, BS, CPhT, Instructor of Pharmacy Technology, Boston Reed College, Napa, CA