Administrative Medical Assisting Online for Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant - (e-commerce), 7th Edition
Administrative Medical Assisting Online is an engaging, fully integrated online course that supplements the comprehensive coverage of Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant, 7th Edition with interactive exercises to prepare you for professional success in administrative medical assisting. Ideal for distance learning or an enhanced classroom experience, this new edition is competency-based and more interactive than ever, giving you practice performing the administrative tasks you'll encounter on the job, such as checking in patients, filing insurance claims, and more.
- Easy-to-use learning modules correspond directly to textbook content to strengthen your understanding.
- Self-comprehension questions and interactive exercises interspersed throughout allow you to check your comprehension and learn from feedback.
- Engaging Training Activities cover key curriculum competencies, guiding you step-by-step through important skills and encouraging you try them on your own.
- Pop-up boxes provide further explanations, forms, or oversized figures, enabling you to "dig deeper" and see the tools and paperwork actually used on the job.
- Automatically scored quizzes and exams help you evaluate your comprehension and check your grade at any time throughout the course.
- A glossary of definitions with audio pronunciations is linked on each screen to help you learn the correct definitions in context.
- Updated content reflects the latest CAAHEP and ABHES competencies and familiarizes you with current trends and practices.
Module 2.1: The Health Care Industry Module 3.1: The Professional Medical Assistant Module 6.1: Medicine and Ethics Module 7.1: Medicine and Law Module 8.1: Computer Concepts Module 9.1: Telephone Techniques Module 10.1: Scheduling Appointments Module 10.2: Scheduling Other Types of Appointments Module 11.1: Patient Reception and Processing Module 12.1: Supplies and Equipment Module 12.2: Office Safety and Community Resources Module 13.1: Written Communications Module 13.2: Mail Processing Module 14.1: Organization of the Medical Record Module 14.2: Filing the Medical Record Module 17.1: Privacy in the Physician's Office Module 18.1: Basics of Diagnostic Coding Module 19.1: Basics of Procedural Coding Module 20.1: Basics of Health Insurance Module 21.1: The Health Insurance Claim Form Module 22.1: Accounts Receivable Module 22.2: Post Bookkeeping Entries Module 22.3: Perform Billing and Collection Procedures Module 23.1: Banking and Making Deposits Module 25.1: Medical Practice Management and Human Resources Module 26.1: Medical Practice Marketing and Customer Service Module 27.1: Emergency Preparedness and Assisting with Medical Emergencies Module 28.1: Career Development and Life Skills
Alexandra Patricia Adams, BBA, RMA, CMA (AAMA), MA, Adjunct Instructor, Everest College, Arlington Midcities Campus, Arlington, TX; Professional Writer, Grand Prairie, TX; Formerly, Director of Admissions, Parker College of Chiropractic, Dallas, TX; Formerly, Program Director, Medical Assisting/HIM Programs, Ultrasound Diagnostic School, Irving, TX