Study Guide for The Human Body in Health and Illness, 4th Edition
Corresponding to the chapters in The Human Body in Health and Illness, 4th Edition, by Barbara Herlihy, this study guide offers fun and practical exercises to help you review, understand, and remember basic A&P. Even if you find science intimidating, this book can help you succeed.
- Textbook page references are included with the questions to make information easy to find.
- Each chapter includes three parts:
- Mastering the Basics with matching, ordering, labeling, diagram reading, and coloring exercises
- Putting It All Together including multiple-choice quizzes and case studies
- Challenge Yourself! with critical thinking questions and puzzles
1. Introduction to the Human Body 2. Basic Chemistry 3. Cells 4. Cell Metabolism 5. Microbiology Basics 6. Tissues and Membranes 7. Integumentary System and Body temperature 8. Skeletal System 9. Muscular System 10. Nervous System: Nervous Tissue and Brain 11. Nervous System: Spinal Cord and Peripheral Nerves 12. Autonomic Nervous System 13. Sensory System 14. Endocrine System 15. Blood 16. Anatomy of the Heart 17. Function of the Heart 18. Anatomy of the Blood Vessels 19. Functions of the Blood Vessels 20. Lymphatic System 21. Immune System 22. Respiratory System 23. Digestive System 24. Urinary System 25. Water, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance 26. Reproductive Systems 27. Human Development and Heredity
Barbara Herlihy, PhD(Physiology), RN, Professor, University of the Incarnate Word, School of Nursing and Health Professions, San Antonio, TX