Health Assessment Online for Physical Examination and Health Assessment (User Guide and Access Code), 6th Edition
Health Assessment Online complements Carolyn Jarvis' Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 6th Edition to give you a dynamic, interactive learning experience. Ideal for clinical reference or case-based learning, this bestselling online course integrates video clips, animations, audio clips, anatomic overlays, interactive exercises, and NCLEX® examination-style review questions into self-paced learning modules to help you learn how to conduct focused, effective physical exams.
Self-Paced Learning Modules and Capstone Case Studies use video clips, animations, audio clips, images, and interactive exercises to guide you through foundational content and data gathering for each body system and give you the opportunity to apply what you've learned in a comprehensive case study. These interactive modules:
- Ensure you are prepared for class
- Reinforce material you've learned
- Can be used during self-study or clinical preparation
In addition to the self-paced learning modules and capstone case studies, Health Assessment Online helps reinforce your comprehension with a library of 8,000 stand-alone assets:
- Over 400 video clips demonstrating key examination techniques and procedures
- 130 video clips on pediatric and maternity patients
- 85 animations that bring important anatomic and physiologic concepts to life
- 1,050 multiple choice review questions
- 220 interactive exercises for quizzing or quick review
- 30 anatomic overlays depicting the anatomy beneath the surface of the skin
- 75 current lab and diagnostic tests with lab values that can affect assessment findings
- Glossary with 1,100 terms including audio pronunciations in English and Spanish
- Electronic Charting Activities provide interactive practice documenting examinations with realistic electronic health records and clinical case studies from the Jarvis 6th edition text.
- 12 Advanced Practice Case Studies guide you through the examination process for each body system, from recording a patient's history through determining a likely diagnosis.
- Updated and expanded Multiple Choice Assessment Questions reinforce key points with rationales for every answer.
- A Media Master List makes it easy to find any video file or animation in the entire course.
Carolyn Jarvis, PhD, APN, CNP, Professor, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University; Nurse Practitioner, Community Health Care Clinic, Bloomington, Illinois