McCurnin's Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 7th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
Considered a fundamental text in the field of veterinary technology, McCurnin’s Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians is back in its 7th edition and better than ever! Written by veterinarians, including many board-certified specialists, and veterinary technicians who understand the vet tech curriculum, this text is full of everything you’ll need to know in your practice. Sections on small and large animals, birds, reptiles, and small mammals embrace every aspect of the veterinary field, while case presentations of actual patient situations link information to relevant, real-life scenarios you may encounter in future practice. Get it all with this extensive and practical text essential to the veterinary technician profession!
- Full color visuals make learning easier with accurate depictions of specific disorders, diseases, and procedures.
- Detailed information of the technician’s role in every procedure enables you to focus on your role in veterinary practice.
- Birds, reptiles, and small mammals chapter keeps you up-to-date with care and treatment for these increasingly popular pets.
- Chapters on pharmacology, pain management, restraint, and veterinary oncology offer a broader understanding of the responsibilities of a technician.
- The TEACH manual provides instructors with teaching/learning objectives, key terms, critical thinking challenges, and chapter quizzes, while the workbook contains applied quizzes and activities for each chapter.
- New case presentations help link information to real life by illustrating scenarios of actual patient situations and outcomes.
- Increased coverage of large animal concerns, such as nutrition, emergency nursing, pain management, and anesthesia, prepare you for potential patients.
- New chapters on Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation, and Laws, Regulations, and Ethics, as well as expanded sections in Anesthesia, Nursing, and Dentistry provide the most comprehensive information.
- Newly added key terms, glossary, outlines, boxed “Technician Tips,” and learning objectives aid studying.
Part One: An Introduction to Veterinary Technology
2. Laws, Regulations, and Ethics NEW!
3. Veterinary Practice Management
4. Computer Applications in Veterinary Practice
5. Medical Records
6. Occupational Health and Safety in Veterinary Hospitals
Part Two: Patient Management and Nutrition
7. Restraint and Handling
8. History and Physical Examination UPDATED!
9. Preventive Health Programs
10. Neonatal Care of the Puppy, Kitten, and Foal
11. Animal Behavior
12. Small Animal Nutrition
13. Large Animal Nutrition
14. Animal Reproduction
15. Care of Birds, Reptiles, and Small Mammals
Part Three: Clinical Sciences
16. Clinical Pathology
17. Parasitology UPDATED!
18. Clinical Microbiology
19. Diagnostic Imaging
Part Four: Medical Nursing
20. Diagnostic Sampling and Therapeutic Techniques UPDATED!
21. Small Animal Medical Nursing
22. Large Animal Medical Nursing
23. Nursing Concepts in Alternative Medicine
24. Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation NEW!
Part Five: Anesthesia and Pharmacology
25. Pharmacology and Pharmacy
26. Pain Management UPDATED!
27. Veterinary Anesthesia UPDATED!
28. Surgical Instruments and Aseptic Technique
29. Surgical Assistance and Suture Material
30. Small Animal Surgical Nursing
31. Large Animal Surgical Nursing
32. Dentistry and Oral Surgery UPDATED!
Part Seven: Emergency and Critical Care
33. Emergency Nursing UPDATED!
34. Wound Healing, Wound Management, and Bandaging
Part Eight: End of Life
36. Veterinary Oncology
37. Geriatric and Hospice Care: Supporting the Aged and Dying Patient
38. The Human Animal Bond, Bereavement, and Euthanasia
39. Basic Necropsy Procedures
Joanna M. Bassert, VMD, Professor Emeritus
Program of Veterinary Technology
Jenkintown, PA and Dennis M. McCurnin, DVM, MS, Dipl ACVS, Retired