Study Guide for Clinical Procedures for Medical Assistants,8th Edition
Master the content from your textbook with this helpful study tool! Corresponding to the chapters in Clinical Procedures for Medical Assistants, 8th Edition, by Kathy Bonewit-West, this study guide helps you understand and apply material with exercises, activities, checklists, review questions, and more.
- Chapter assignment sheets, study guide assignment sheets, and laboratory assignments make it easy to get organized and prepare for what's coming next.
- Pre-tests and posttests provide a quick assessment of your knowledge.
- Key term assessments with matching exercises help in mastering new vocabulary.
- Critical thinking activities utilize realistic situations to help you analyze and apply what you've learned with games, role-playing situations, fun crossword puzzles, and independent study questions.
- Evaluation of Learning questions let you assess your understanding, evaluate progress, and prepare for the certification examination.
- Practice for Competency sections offer extra practice on clinical skills presented in the book.
- Evaluation of Competency checklists evaluate your performance versus stated objectives and performance standards, updated with the new CAAHEP and ABHES standards.
- Video evaluation activities reinforce the procedures demonstrated on the textbook DVDs.
- Additional charting exercises let you practice documentation.
- Apply Your Knowledge questions ask you to think critically and quiz yourself on various aspects of the chapter.
- Practicum activities and worksheets help you learn how your practicum site functions.
1. The Medical Record
2. Medical Asepsis and the OSHA Standard
3. Sterilization and Disinfection
4. Vital Signs
5. The Physical Examination
6. Eye and Ear Assessment and Procedures
7. Physical Agents to Promote Tissue Healing
8. The Gynecologic Examination and Prenatal Care
9. The Pediatric Examination
10. Minor Office Surgery
11. Administration of Medication and Intravenous Therapy
12. Cardiopulmonary Procedures
13. Colon Procedures and Male Reproductive Health
14. Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging
15. Introduction to the Clinical Laboratory
19. Blood Chemistry and Immunology
20. Medical Microbiology
21. Emergency Medical Procedures
Appendix A: Practicum Activities
Kathy Bonewit-West, BS, MEd, Coordinator and Instructor, Medical Assistant Technology, Hocking College, Nelsonville, OH, Former member, Curriculum Review Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants