Saunders Strategies for Test Success - E-Book,2nd Edition
An essential resource for any nursing student, this invaluable guide gives you the tools you need to overcome text anxiety and develop effective study habits. Key topics include time management, critical thinking, and problem solving, with tips to help you tackle any nursing test — from a routine quiz to the NCLEX® examination. You’ll learn how to confidently evaluate and identify the correct answer for a variety of test question types, including alternate item formats, with chapters on the nursing process, prioritization methods, and safety strategies. The book and companion CD offer 500 practice questions to help you practice the skills you are learning and gain realistic test-taking experience.
- Coverage of detailed critical thinking methods offer valuable clues to help you analyze and uncover the correct answer option for all question types, including multiple-choice, true-or-false, and alternate item-format questions
- Chapters on specific question content, such as prioritization, pharmacology, management, and delegation, provide numerous examples to prepare you for higher cognitive level questions
- A fun, two-color design features cartoons and bold designs to help visual learners become better overall test-takers.
- Linda Silvestri’s hallmark Pyramid Points in the margins highlight the most important concepts you need to learn for exam success.
- A companion CD includes 500 practice questions that allow you to apply the strategies learned from the text in a realistic electronic testing environment.
- Refocused content emphasizes comprehensive test preparation to help you develop, refine, and apply the reasoning skills you need to succeed throughout nursing school and on the NCLEX® examination.
- A new chapter on reducing test anxiety offers simple strategies you can use to control test-induced stress and gain the confidence you need to pass exams.
- A new chapter on developing a structured study plan provides helpful tips for improving time management for more efficient exam preparation.
PART I: Study and Test Preparation
Chapter 1 Preparing for Nursing Exams
Chapter 2 Developing Study Skills
Chapter 3 Reducing Test Anxiety
Chapter 4 NCLEX Preparation
PART II: Strategies for Success
Chapter 5 How to Avoid "Reading Into The Question"
Chapter 6 Positive and Negative Event Queries
Chapter 7 Questions Requiring Prioritization
Chapter 8 Leading and Managing, Delegating, and Assignment-Making Questions
Chapter 9 Communication Questions
Chapter 10 Pharmacology Questions
Chapter 11 Additional Pyramid Strategies
PART III: Practice Test
Chapter 12 Fundamental Skills Questions
Chapter 13 Adult Health Questions
Chapter 14 Mental Health Questions
Chapter 15 Maternity Questions
Chapter 16 Child Health Questions
Chapter 17 Pharmacology Questions
Chapter 18 Delegating/Prioritizing Questions
Chapter 19 Leadership/Management Questions
PART IV: Appendices
Appendix A Pyramid Points for Using Test-Taking Strategies
Appendix B Cultural Characteristics and Practices
Appendix C Pharmacology Strategies for Answering Test Questions
Appendix D Commonly Used Units of Measure and Medication and Intravenous Calculations Formulas
Appendix E Laboratory Values
Appendix F Guidelines Related to Positioning
Appendix G Therapeutic Diets
Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, Instructor of Nursing, Salve Regina University, Newport, RI; President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., Charlestown, RI and Angela Silvestri, MSN, RN