ICD-10-CM Online Training Modules (User Guide and Access Code),
Be ready for ICD-10-CM with 2010 CD-10-CM Online Training Modules! In this easy-to-use online course, leading coding educator Carol J. Buck provides an introduction to ICD-10-CM coding and helps you translate your knowledge of ICD-9-CM coding to the new code set. Expert insight, engaging learning modules, and interactive exercises prepare you for the transition to ICD-10-CM, and a printable Certificate of Completion enables you to prove your ICD-10-CM proficiency to employers and earn 4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC)* and 5 CEUS from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)**!
* This program has the prior approval of the American Academy of Professional Coders (the Academy) for 4 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by the Academy of the program content or the program sponsor
**This program has been approved for continuing education units (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association. Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
- Master ICD-10-PCS coding concepts with an online format that's adaptable to your schedule and learning style.
- Earn 4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) upon successful completion!
- Reinforce your understanding through interactive learning exercises.
- Practice using General Equivalency Mapping (GEMs) files to locate ICD-10-CM codes.
- Assess your knowledge and identify areas needing further study with immediate feedback for all activities.
- Focus on key content and study more effectively with learning objectives in every module.
- Analyze information and learn how to apply your understanding with critical thinking questions.
- Prepare for exams using self-assessment exercises in every module.
- Access additional resources with ease through extensive web links.
Chapter 1: Overview of ICD-10-CM
Lesson 1: About the ICD-10-CM
Lesson 2: Moving Between the ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM
Lesson 3: Official Instructional I-10 Notations
Chapter 2: Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
Lesson 1: Diagnosis Codes
Lesson 2: Z Codes
Lesson 3: Cause Codes
Lesson 4: Assigning Z Codes
Lesson 5: Other Circumstances
Chapter 3: Using the ICD-10-CM
Lesson 1: Using the Guidelines for Accurate Codes
Chapter 4: Chapter Specific Guidelines, ICD-10-CM (Chapters 1 through 10)
Lesson 1: Infectious and Parasitic Diseases
Lesson 2: Neoplasms
Lesson 3: Diseases of the Blood and Blood-Forming Organs and Certain Disorders Involving the Immune Mechanism
Lesson 4: Endocrine, Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases
Lesson 5: Mental and Behavioral Disorders
Lesson 6: Diseases of the Nervous System
Lesson 7: Diseases of the Eye and Adnexa
Lesson 8: Diseases of the Ear and Mastoid Process
Lesson 9: Diseases of the Circulatory System
Lesson 10: Diseases of the Respiratory System
Chapter 5: Chapter Specific Guidelines, ICD-10-CM (Chapters 11 through 14)
Lesson 1: Diseases of the Digestive System
Lesson 2: Diseases of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue
Lesson 3: Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue
Chapter 6: Chapter Specific Guidelines, ICD-10-CM (Chapters 15 through 21)
Lesson 1: Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium
Lesson 2: Certain Conditions Originating in the Perinatal Period
Lesson 3: Congenital Malformations, Deformations, and Chromosomal Abnormalities
Lesson 4: Symptoms, Signs, and Abnormal Clinical Laboratory Findings Not Elsewhere Classified
Lesson 5: Injury, Poisoning, and Certain Other Consequences of External Causes
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN