ICD-10-PCS Online Training Modules,
Be ready for ICD-10-PCS with ICD-10-PCS Online Training Modules! Get an overview of the history and format of the ICD-10-PCS coding and prove that you're ready for the new code set with this convenient online course. Five interactive modules give you an introduction to ICD-10-PCS and teach you how to translate your knowledge of ICD-9-CM to the new code set. Upon completion and passing of a final exam, print an American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)* Certificate good for 2.0 continuing education units and American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)** Certificate good for 4 continuing education units. Prove to employers and colleagues that you are ICD-10-PCS-ready!
* This program has the prior approval of the American Academy of Professional Coders (the Academy) for 2 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by the Academy of the program content or the program sponsor
**This program has been approved for continuing education units (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association. Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
- Master ICD-10-PCS coding concepts with an online format that's adaptable to your schedule and learning style.
- Earn 2 continuing education units (CEUs) from the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) upon successful completion of the course.
- Reinforce your understanding through interactive learning exercises.
- Practice using General Equivalency Mapping (GEMs) files to locate ICD-10-PCS codes.
- Assess your knowledge and identify areas needing further study with immediate feedback for all activities.
- Focus on key content and learn more effectively with learning objectives in every module.
- Analyze information and learn how to apply your understanding with critical thinking questions.
- Prepare for exams using self-assessment exercises in every module.
Access additional resources with ease through extensive web links.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: ICD-10-PCS History and Organization
Lesson 1: History and Design
Lesson 2: ICD-10-PCS Versus ICD-9-Cm
Lesson 3: Use and Organization of ICD-10-PCS
Chapter 2: ICD-10-PCS Code Structure and Definitions
Lesson1: Body Systems
Lesson 2: Root Operations
Lesson 3: Body Parts
Lesson 4: Approaches
Lesson 5: Other Considerations
Chapter 3: ICD-10-PCS Coding Guidelines
Lesson 1: The Basics
Lesson 2: Body System Guidelines
Lesson 3: Root Operation Guidelines
Lesson 4: Body Part Guidelines
Lesson 5: Other Considerations
Chapter 4: Other Medical and Surgical-Related Procedures
Lesson 1: Obstetrics
Lesson 2: Placement
Lesson 3: Administration
Lesson 4: Measurement and Monitoring
Lesson 5: Extracorporeal Assistance and Performance
Lesson 6: Extracorporeal Therapies
Lesson 7: Osteopathic Procedures
Lesson 8: Other Procedures
Lesson 9: Chiropractic Procedures
Chapter 5: Ancillary Procedures
Lesson 1: Imaging
Lesson 2: Nuclear Medicine
Lesson 3: Radiation Oncology
Lesson 4: Physical Rehabilitation and Diagnostic Audiology
Lesson 5: Mental Health
Lesson 6: Substance Abuse Treatment
Karla R. Lovaasen, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, Coding and Consulting Services, Abingdon, MD