Medical Coding Online 2011 for Step-by Step Medical Coding 2011 Edition,
Learn to code accurately and efficiently with Carol J. Buck's proven step-by-step approach! Medical Coding Online 2011 complements Carol J. Buck's Step-by-Step Medical Coding 2011 Edition textbook with a highly interactive learning program perfect for self-study or an enhanced classroom experience. Innovative learning modules, review exercises, and self-assessment tools give you the knowledge and practice you need to excel in your course and confidently enter the coding workforce.
- UNIQUE! Carol J. Buck's proven step-by-step approach guides you through difficult concepts in the most direct, straightforward manner to ensure complete understanding.
- UNIQUE! Interactive exercises challenge you to apply coding concepts to realistic cases and provide fun ways to review:
- Multiple choice
- From the Trenches quotes provide valuable insights from instructors and professional coders.
- Chapter assessment questions test your retention of chapter content and demonstrate your progress to your instructor.
- Animated slide shows clarify complex concepts.
- Full-color ICD/HCPCS artwork reinforces your understanding and reflects professional-level coding examples.
- Hyperlinked hot topics/terms provide one-click access to information and definitions.
- Lesson synopses in each chapter help you easily review key points.
- Extensive glossary familiarizes you with approximately 650 important terms.
- Updated content reflects the latest coding developments so you can practice with the most current information available.
- New ICD-10-CM chapters prepare you for the 2013 transition from the I-9 code set to I-10.
- Streamlined design helps you locate the information you need and learn more efficiently.
1. Reimbursement, HIPAA, and Compliance
2: An Overview of the ICD-9-CM
3. ICD-9-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
4. Using ICD-9-CM
5. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-9-CM Chapters 1-8)
6. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-9-CM Chapters 9-17)
7. An Overview of the ICD-10-CM
8. ICD-10-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
9. Using ICD-10-CM
10. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 1-10)
11. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 11-14)
12. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 15-21)
13. Introduction to the CPT and Level II National Codes (HCPCS)
15. Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services
17. Surgery Guidelines and General Surgery
18. Integumentary System
19. Musculoskeletal System
20. Respiratory System
21. Cardiovascular System
22. Hemic, Lymphatic, Mediastinum, and Diaphragm
23. Digestive System
24. Urinary and Male Genital Systems
25. Reproductive, Intersex Surgery, Female Genital System, and Maternity Care and Delivery
26. Endocrine and Nervous Systems
27. Eye, Ocular Adnexa, Auditory, and Operating Microscope
31. Inpatient Coding
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN