Dental Instruments,4th Edition
Confidently recognize and manage more than 300 dental instruments with this portable, visually detailed resource. Dental Instruments: A Pocket Guide, 4th Edition, pairs thorough descriptions with high-quality photographs and illustrations in a convenient, pocket-sized format to help you quickly and accurately identify dental tools. A unique flashcard-style presentation helps you assess your understanding, and the book's spiral-bound design gives you fast, efficient access to key information -- making Dental Instruments ideal for both studying and on-the-job reference.
- UNIQUE! Flashcard format makes it easy to assess your knowledge of dental instruments and their uses.
- More than 500 high-quality photographs and illustrations enhance your ability to quickly and accurately identify dental instruments.
- Convenient pocket-sized, spiral-bound design helps you easily access key information at a glance.
- Clear, consistent organization helps you master basic instruments before introducing more complicated tools.
- Practice Notes and Sterilization boxes help you ensure compliance with common practice standards and state regulations.
- Study tools on Evolve enhance your familiarity with dental instruments through assessment quizzes, interactive exercises, and new video clips.
- All-new photographs of enamel cutting instruments provide both full views and close-ups to help you better distinguish among similar-looking instruments.
- Additional "in-use" images throughout the text and new video clips on the companion Evolve website highlight the appropriate instruments for use in specific procedures.
- Extensive updates familiarize you with the function and characteristics of new instruments, including the latest:
- Local anesthetic syringes and components
- Evacuation devices
- Dental handpieces
- Composite restorative instruments
- Dental radiography equipment
1. Basic Dental Instruments
2. Enamel Cutting Instruments
3. Local Anesthetic Syringe and Components
4. Evacuation Devices, Air/Water Syringe Tip and Dental Unit
5. Dental Handpieces
6. Burs and Rotary Attachments for Handpieces
7. Dental Dam Instruments
8. Amalgam Restorative Instruments
9. Composite Restorative Instruments
10. Crown and Bridge Restorative Instruments
11. Endodontic Instruments
12. Hygiene Instruments
13. Preventive and Sealant Instruments and Bleaching Trays
14. Orthodontic Instruments
15. Universal Surgical Instruments
16. Periodontal Instruments and Periodontal Surgical Instruments
17. Oral Surgery Extraction Instruments
18. Sterilization Equipment
19. Dental Materials Equipment
20. Dental Radiography Equipment
Linda Bartolomucci Boyd, CDA, RDA, BA, Program Coordinator Registered Dental Assisting Program, Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill, CA