Virtual Medical Office for Clinical Procedures for Medical Assistants, 8th Edition
- Review key CAAHEP and ABHES competencies in professionalism, communication, and administrative tasks through 15 unique cases correlated directly to content in your textbook.
- Learn how to process patients from check-in to check-out and familiarize yourself with the medical office environment with 2 hours of immersive video footage.
- Experience realistic patient interaction and perfect your communication skills.
- Practice working with realistic documents and information sources, including medical records, an office policy manual, a fee schedule, a daysheet, and more.
- Perfect your critical thinking skills with active learning exercises.
- Assess your progress and compare results with experts through integrated performance reviews.
- Learn at your own pace with an easy-to-use interface that breaks lessons into manageable chunks.
- Learn to spot common coding errors and gain a more comprehensive understanding of important HIPAA protocols.
Complete and submit your assignments online through Evolve for convenient review and assessment.
Fully updated to work with the core textbook.
Lesson 1 Organizing a Patient’s Medical Record (Chapter 1)
Lesson 2 Handwashing (Chapter 2)
Lesson 3 Standard Precautions and Biohazardous Materials (Chapter 2)
Lesson 4 Wrapping Items for Sterilization (Chapters 3 and 10)
Lesson 5 Obtaining Vital Signs (Chapter 4)
Lesson 6 Preparing and Maintaining Examination and Treatment Areas (Chapter 5)
Lesson 7 Measuring Height and Weight (Chapter 5)
Lesson 8 Obtaining and Documenting a Health History (Chapters 1 and 5)
Lesson 9 Preparing the Patient and Assisting with a Routine Physical Examination (Chapter 5)
Lesson 10 Assisting with a Prenatal/Gynecological Examination (Chapter 8)
Lesson 11 Assisting with a Pediatric Examination (Chapter 9)
Lesson 12 Assisting with Minor Office Surgery (Chapter 10)
Lesson 13 Administering Parenteral Medications and Immunizations (Chapters 9 and 11)
Lesson 14 Electrocardiogram (Chapter 12)
Lesson 15 Respiratory Testing (Chapter 12)
Lesson 16 Fecal Specimen Collection (Chapter 13)
Lesson 17 Obtaining Specimens for Microbiological Testing (Chapters 15, 16, and 20)
Lesson 18 Collecting Urine Specimens (Chapter 16)
Lesson 19 Urinalysis (Chapter 16)
Lesson 20 Capillary and Venipuncture Procedures (Chapter 17)
Lesson 21 Hematology Testing (Chapters 17 and 18)
Lesson 22 Performing Blood Chemistry Testing (Chapter 19)
Lesson 23 Performing Immunology Testing (Chapters 16 and 19)
Elsevier and Kathy Bonewit-West, BS, MEd, Coordinator and Instructor, Medical Assistant Technology, Hocking College, Nelsonville, OH, Former member, Curriculum Review Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants