What's behind every healed patient? Critical thinking! Critical Thinking, Clinical Reasoning, and Clinical Judgment: A Practical Approach, 5th Edition, provides the tools you need to become a safe, competent nurse. Using an inspiring, insightful, "how-to" approach, this book helps you develop critical thinking, clinical reasoning, and test-taking skills in preparation for the NCLEX® Examination and, even more importantly, apply critical thinking and clinical reasoning to nursing practice. Critical thinking and clinical reasoning strategies come to life through the use of real-life scenarios and decision-making tools, all supported with evidence for why the strategies work. Expert author Rosalinda Alfaro-LeFevre makes the concepts of critical thinking and clinical reasoning come alive, so you can start thinking like a nurse and learn essential critical thinking and clinical judgment reasoning skills for nursing practice.
1. What are Critical Thinking, Clinical Reasoning, and Clinical Judgment?
2. How to Develop Critical Thinking
3. Clinical Reasoning and Clinical Judgment
4. Ethical Reasoning, Evidence-Based Practice, Teaching Others, Teaching Ourselves, and Test-Taking
5. Practicing Clinical Reasoning Skills: Applying Nursing Process
6. Developing Interpersonal, Teamwork, and Self-management Skills
Response Key for Exercises in Chapters 1 to 5
Appendix A: Concept Mapping: Getting in the "Right" State of Mind
Appendix B: Key Brain Parts Involved in Thinking
Appendix C: Patients’ Rights
Appendix D: ANA Standards of Practice and Professional Performance for Registered Nurses
Appendix E: Comprehensive Patient Admission Tool
Appendix F: NCLEX Practice Questions