Saunders Q & A Review for the NCLEX-PN® Examination,5th Edition
The best way to prepare for the NCLEX-PN Exam is practice, practice, practice! And with over 5,000 NCLEX-style review questions reflecting the most current clinical updates, Saunders Q&A Review for the NCLEX-PN® Examination, 5th Edition delivers all the practice your students need to pass this all-important exam and so much more! Students have the option of reviewing the questions in the physical book or they can go online to utilize the quiz mode or exam mode for an even more realistic review experience. There are ample alternate item question types in both the physical book and online. All questions are categorized by level of cognitive ability, client needs area, integrated process, and 21 different clinical content areas — giving students the ability to really focus their study efforts on their weakest areas. All questions also include rationales for correct and incorrect options; as well as helpful test-taking strategies. It’s the proven practice your students need to pass the latest NCLEX-PN test plan the first time around.
- Detailed test-taking strategies for each question offer clues for analyzing and uncovering the correct answer option. Rationales are provided for both correct and incorrect options.
- All alternate item format questions provide the necessary practice in critical thinking and prioritization.
- 85-question comprehensive exam reflects the percentages identified in the NCLEX-PN exam test plan.
- Content organized by Client Needs and Integrated Processes provides an organized review for exam preparation and end-of-course standardized exams.
- Each question is categorized by level of cognitive ability, Client Needs area, integrated process, and clinical content area offer multiple study and exam selections.
- Introductory chapters cover exam preparation guidance, nonacademic preparation, test-taking strategies, the CAT format, and the NCLEX-PN from a new graduate’s perspective.
- NEW! Content reflecting the latest NCLEX-PN test plan incorporates the most current clinical updates.
- NEW! 300 additional questions make a total of 5,000 practice questions between the book and the Evolve companion website.
- NEW! Video and graphic option questions familiarize users with these alternate item format question types that could appear on the NCLEX.
- NEW! Testlets feature case studies with review questions to further hone users critical thinking skills.
- NEW & UNIQUE! Priority Nursing Action tips are provided for each question to clarify the most important nursing considerations and interventions for each scenario.
UNIT 1: NCLEX-PN PREPARATION
1. The NCLEX-PN Examination 2. Profiles to Success 3. The NCLEX-PN Examination: From a Graduate’s Perspective 4. Test-Taking Strategies
UNIT 2: CLIENT NEEDS
5. Client Needs and the NCLEX-PN Test Plan
Test 1 Safe and Effective Care Environment Test 2 Health Promotion and Maintenance Test 3 Psychosocial Integrity Test 4 Physiological Integrity
UNIT 3: INTEGRATED PROCESSES
6. Integrated Processes and the NCLEX-PN Test Plan
Test 5 Integrated Processes
UNIT 4: COMPREHENSIVE TEST
Test 6 Comprehensive Test
Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, Instructor of Nursing, Salve Regina University, Newport, RI; President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc., Charlestown, RI and Angela Silvestri, MSN, RN