CCS Coding Exam Review 2012,
With the expert insight of leading coding educator Carol J. Buck, this complete exam review highlights the content you'll need to master to pass the AHIMA CCS certification exam and take your coding career to the next step. CCS ICD-9-CM Coding Exam Review 2012 features an easy-to-follow outline format that guides you through the anatomy, terminology, and pathophysiology for each organ system; reimbursement concepts; an overview of CPT, ICD-9-CM, and HCPCS coding; and more. Two full practice exams and a final exam modeled on the actual CCS exam simulate the testing experience and help prepare you for success.
- Companion Evolve website includes exams that simulate the CCS exam's electronic format and helps you overcome test anxiety.
- Pre-, post-, and final exams let you track your learning.
- Answers and rationales reinforce your understanding of coding concepts.
- Industry updates, study tips, and helpful web links aid your understanding.
- Concise outline format gives you quick and easy access to content and helps you make the most of your study time.
- Comprehensive CCS coverage highlights essential information for passing the AHIMA CCS exam, accompanied by detailed figures, for the most efficient exam review.
- A companion Evolve Resources website enhances your review with industry updates, study tips, and helpful web links.
Course Syllabus and Student Calendar
UNIT I: Anatomy, Terminology, and Pathophysiology
- Integumentary System
- Musculoskeletal System
- Respiratory System
- Cardiovascular System
- Female Genital System and Pregnancy
- Male Genital System
- Urinary System
- Digestive System
- Mediastinum and Diaphragm
- Hemic and Lymphatic System
- Endocrine System
- Nervous System
- Unit I Quiz Answers
UNIT II: Reimbursement Issues and Data Quality
- Reimbursement Issues
- National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI)
- Ambulatory Patient Classifications (APCs)
- Prospective Payment Systems (PPS)
- Medicare Severity Diagnosis-Related Groups (MS-DRG)
- Post Acute Transfer
- Present on Admission Indicator (POA)
- Hospital-Acquired Conditions (HAC)
- Revenue Codes
- Data Quality
- Office of the Inspector General (OIG)
- Managed Health Care
- Reimbursement Terminology
- Reimbursement Quiz
- Reimbursement Quiz Answers
UNIT III: Overview of CPT, ICD-9-CM, and HCPCS Coding
- Introduction to Medical Coding
- HCPCS Coding
- An Overview of the ICD-9-CM
- Using the ICD-9-CM
UNIT IV: Coding Challenge
- Pre-Examination and Post-Examination
- Final Examination
- Grading of the Examination
- Acuity Sheet
- Pre-/Post-Examination, Part II
- Final Examination, Part II
APPENDIX A: Resources (Web-Based)
APPENDIX B: Medical Terminology
APPENDIX C: Combining Forms
APPENDIX D: Prefixes
APPENDIX E: Suffixes
APPENDIX F: Abbreviations
APPENDIX G: Further Text Resources
APPENDIX H: Pharmacology Review
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN