Does your instructor plan to use this product on Evolve (instead of a school's LMS - like Blackboard, etc)?
Corresponding to chapters in Clinical Calculations, 7th Edition, by Joyce Kee and Sally Marshall, Drug Calculations Online covers all four major drug calculation methods to help you learn to calculate drug dosages quickly and accurately. First you complete a reading assignment from the text, and then online lesson modules provide opportunities for application and practice. Animations, case studies, practice problems, narrated examples, and self-assessment activities reinforce understanding. Using a step-by-step approach to explain the ratio and proportion, formula, fractional equation, and dimensional analysis methods, Drug Calculations Online makes it easy to master each type of dosage calculation.
- New Prevention of Medication Errors module emphasizes safety in medication administration.
- Updated recommendations from The Joint Commission and the Institute for Safe Medication Practices help in reducing medication errors.
- Updated medication labels and equipment photos reflect the most current medications and technology used in drug administration.
Basic Math Review
- Systems Used for Drug Administration
- Conversions within Metric, Apothecary and Household Systems
- Interpretation of Drug Labels, Drug Orders, Bar Codes, MAR and eMAR, Automation of Medication of Medication Dispensing Administration, and Abbreviations
- Prevention of Medication Errors NEW!
- Alternative Methods for Drug Administration
- Methods of Calculation for Individualized Drug Dosing
- Oral and Enteral Preparations with Clinical Applications
- Injectable Preparations with Clinical Applications
- Intravenous Preparations with Clinical Applications
- Labor and Delivery