Online Internship for Medical Coding 2012 Edition (User Guide & Access Code),
Developed by leading coding author and educator Carol J. Buck, Online Internship for Medical Coding 2012 Edition simulates the experience of working in an actual medical center to help you hit the ground running in your first coding job. Practice applying the concepts you've learned in Buck's Step-by-Step Medical Coding and The Next Step, Advanced Medical Coding, and prove your proficiency coding in 18 specialties with an online portfolio you can print out to show potential employers.
- Complete online internship simulates actual on-the-job experience.
- 18 engaging modules replicate the work environment of a multi-specialty medical practice with physicians on staff.
- More than 500 total reports, including 30 reports in each module, progress gradually from easy to more difficult cases.
- Coding time tracked by report measures your speed and accuracy.
- Answers and rationales help you understand the reasoning behind a proper coding sequence.
- Printable portfolio of results enables you to share your final grade, module-by-module score, and list of reports with potential employers to demonstrate your proficiency.
- Non-graded trial exam and a graded final exam are included at the end of each module to help you assess your understanding.
- Virtual desk lets you submit codes and reports electronically, just as you would in an actual clinic.
- Program locking allows you to stop the timer or take a break, since time and security are critical when on the job.
- Tutorial videos guide you through all the features and benefits of the online internship.
Updated content gives you practice with the latest coding information available.
Module 1. Evaluation and Management
Module 2. Anesthesia
Module 3. Cardiology
Module 4. Integumentary
Module 5. Emergency Medicine
Module 6. Medicine
Module 7. Gastroenterology
Module 8. Pulmonary
Module 9. Neurology and Ophthalmology
Module 10. OB/GYN
Module 11. Orthopedics
Module 12. Otorhinolaryngology
Module 13. Pathology
Module 14. Pediatrics, Neonatology, and Adolescent Medicine
Module 15. Diagnostic Radiology
Module 16. Interventional Radiology and Radiation Oncology
Module 17. Urology
Module 18. General Surgery
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN