Workbook for The Next Step, Advanced Medical Coding 2012 Edition,
Get additional practice and simulate the professional coding experience! Corresponding to the chapters in Carol J. Buck's The Next Step: Advanced Medical Coding, 2012 Edition, this practical workbook lets you practice coding with actual medical records for a realistic coding experience. It will help you develop skills in critical thinking, pull the right information from documents, select the right codes, and determine the correct sequencing of those codes. It's great preparation for the coding you will encounter on the job!
- Realistic patient cases simulate the professional coding experience by using actual medical records (with personal patient details changed or removed), allowing you to practice coding with advanced material.
- Original source documents provide real-world experience with coding from physician documentation.
- Challenging review cases help you apply textbook knowledge to actual medical record documentation.
- A two-color design makes it easy to find specific features and streamlines your review and practice.
- Updated content reflects the latest developments in coding so you can practice with the most current information.
1. Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services
4. Pathology and Laboratory
5. Integumentary System
6. Cardiovascular System
7. Digestive System, Hemic/Lymphatic System, and Mediastinum/Diaphragm
8. Musculoskeletal System
9. Respiratory System
10. Urinary, Male Genital, and Endocrine Systems
11. Female Genital System and Maternity Care/Delivery
12. Nervous System
13. Eye and Auditory Systems
Appendix A: E/M Audit Forms
Appendix B: Answers to Every Other Case
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN