Medical Terminology Online for Medical Terminology and Anatomy for ICD-10 Coding (Access Code),
Whether you're new to medical coding or transitioning from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM/PCS, Medical Terminology Online helps you get the most out of Medical Terminology and Anatomy for ICD-10 Coding and more effectively connect relevant medical language and anatomy and physiology concepts to corresponding ICD-10 codes. This engaging online course enhances textbook content with interactive exercises, dynamic animations, and narrated slideshows that reinforce your understanding and help you develop the specialized vocabulary essential to successful ICD-10-CM/PCS coding in the clinical setting.
- Outcome-based modules and assessments guide you toward learning objectives and help you assess your progress.
- Interactive exercises help you recall and recognize medical terms via word building, identification, spelling, pronunciation, matching, multiple choice, true or false, fill-in-blank, labeling, and case studies.
- Medical record activities test your knowledge of the medical terminology used in actual patient records.
- More than 50 animations accompanied by audio narrations demonstrate physiologic processes in dynamic detail.
- More than 900 anatomical and disease and disorder illustrations clarify concepts and reinforce your understanding.
- 5,000-term English/Spanish glossary helps you communicate effectively in the clinical setting and ensure understanding among Spanish-speaking patients and health care providers.
- Final exams in each module help you identify areas needing further study.
1. Introduction to Medical Terminology
2. Body Structure and Directional Terminology
3. Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue
4. Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue
5. Digestive System
6. Genitourinary System
7. Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Puerperium
8. Blood, Blood-Forming Organs and the Immune Mechanism
9. Circulatory System
10. Respiratory System
11. Nervous System
12. Mental and Behavioral Health Disorders
13. Eye and Adnexa
14. Ear and Mastoid Process
15. Endocrine System and Nutritional and Metabolic Disorders
Betsy J. Shiland, MS, RHIA, CCS, CPC, CPHQ, CTR, AHIMA ICD-10-CM/PCS Academy Trainer
Allied Health Department
Community College of Philadelphia