Pathophysiology Online for Pathophysiology for the Health Professions, 4th Edition
With modules corresponding to the material in Gould: Pathophysiology for the Health Professions, 4th Edition text, Pathophysiology Online demonstrates disease processes and disorders in a clear and visual way. A wide range of animations, audio, and other interactive resources enhance understanding of pathophysiology for students with diverse learning styles. Case-based content is presented in small "chunks" for easier comprehension, and includes Clinical Correlations to help students apply concepts they've learned. Within each module, a set of lessons makes it easier to understand, study, and review pathophysiology with self-assessment through Self-Check activities and Think About exercises.
- Animations and audio narration demonstrate the more difficult disease and health processes, showing how, why, when, and the order in which abnormal physiologic processes take place.
- Clinical Correlation case studies let you apply pathophysiology to the real world, with each including a case "patient," an electronic health record, and self-assessment questions.
- Self-assessment activities make learning more fun and challenging, including Self-Check activities such as image association, drag-and-drop, matching, multiple choice, flash card activities, and Think About short-answer exercises -- all with immediate feedback.
- Learning features highlight important material with a module overview, a lesson overview with learning objectives for each lesson, glossary terms, and a module summary.
- Additional photos and art not included in the textbook visually reinforce learning.
- Audio glossary offers quick, easy access to new and unfamiliar terms, with pronunciations and definitions.
1. Introduction to Pathophysiology
2. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances
3. Introduction to Basic Pharmacology and Selected Therapies
4. Inflammation and Healing
6. Immunity and Abnormal Responses
8. Relationship between Pregnancy and Disease
9. Congenital and Genetic Disorders
10. Diseases Associated with Adolescence
11. Aging and Disease Processes
12. Effects of Immobility
13. The Influence of Stress
15. Substance Abuse
16. Environmental Hazards
17. Skin Disorders
18. Musculoskeletal Disorders
19. Blood and Lymphatic Disorders
20. Cardiovascular Disorders
21. Respiratory Disorders
22. Acute Neurologic Disorders
23. Chronic Neurologic Disorders
24. Disorders of the Eye and Ear
25. Endocrine Disorders
26. Digestive System Disorders
27. Urinary System Disorders
28. Reproductive System Disorders
Barbara E. Gould, MEd, Professor Emerita, School of Health Sciences, Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This product is available in the following formats: