Elsevier's Medical Laboratory Science Examination Review - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 1st Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
The newest exam prep resource to enter MLS education, Elsevier's Medical Laboratory Science Examination Review gives your students all the review, practice, and support they need to prepare for the both the MLS and MLT certification examinations. Each chapter offers a thorough review on one of the core areas of Medical Laboratory Science as outlined by the ASCP Board of Certification. Practice questions are also offered at the end of each chapter and explanations and rationales for each correct answer appear at the end of the text. Plus, an eight-page full-color insert features photomicrographs of hematological and microbiological specimens exactly as they appear under the microscope and on the MLS and MLT certification exams. A mock certifications exam is included in the print book as well as online at the companion Evolve website – which also houses additional questions for student practice – totaling 1,000 questions in all.
- Inclusion of both MLS and MLT level content and questions enables the book to be used for both certification exams
- Print mock exam at the end of the book contains 100 certification examination preparation questions.
- Content reviews in outline form enables each topic to be easily reviewed but covered in an appropriate depth.
- Online mock exams on the companion Evolve website include all the practice questions from the book plus additional unique questions that can be used to create mock exams for extra practice.
- Eight-page full-color insert within the book features 50 illustrations that show hematological and microbiological photomicrographs.
- Test-taking tips and suggestions discuss the exam, how it’s set up and scored, when to answer, guess and not answers questions, how to identify distracters, and more.
1. Microbiology 2. Mycology/Virology and Parasitology 3. Hematology 4. Hemostasis 5. Urinalysis and Body Fluids 6. Immunology and Serology 7. Immunohematology 8. Clinical Chemistry 9. Molecular Diagnostics 10. Laboratory Operations 11. Laboratory Calculations
Appendix A: Rationales for Certification Preparation Questions Appendix B: Mock Examination
Linda Graeter, PhD, Department Head, Analytical and Diagnostic Sciences Director, Clinical Laboratory Science Program College of Allied Health Sciences University of Cincinnati Cincinnati, Ohio, Elizabeth Hertenstein, Charity Accurso and Gideon Labiner