Student Laboratory Manual for Physical Examination & Health Assessment - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Reinforce your understanding of essential examination and assessment skills and with this lab manual companion to Carolyn Jarvis' Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 6th Edition. A wide variety of checklists, activities, and exercises challenge you to apply your knowledge and provide hands-on practice.
- A variety of review questions and study activities test your understanding of key points and procedures:
- Short answer
- Anatomy labeling exercises
- Regional write-up sheets familiarize you with physical examination forms and provide practice for recording narrative accounts of patient history and examination findings.
- Reading assignments help you review relevant textbook content with convenient chapter and page references.
- Clinical objectives for each chapter help you study more effectively.
- A comprehensive glossary provides fast, easy access to key terms and definitions from the textbook.
- New assessment tools and updated illustrations test your retention and understanding.
- Updated evidence-based practice guidelines throughout the manual reflect the most current research and assessment practices.
Unit 1: Assessment of the Whole Person
1. Evidence-Based Assessment
2. Cultural Competence: Cultural Care
3. The Interview
4. The Complete Health History
5. Mental Status Assessment
6. Substance Use Assessment NEW!
7. Domestic Violence Assessment
Unit 2: Approach to the Clinical Setting
8. Assessment Techniques and the Clinical Setting
9. General Survey, Measurements, Vital Signs
10. Pain Assessment: The Fifth Vital Sign
11. Nutritional Assessment
Unit 3: Physical Examination
12. Skin, Hair, and Nails
13. Head, Face, and Neck, Including Regional Lymphatics
16. Nose, Mouth, and Throat
17. Breasts and Regional Lymphatics
18. Thorax and Lungs
19. Heart and neck Vessels
20. Peripheral Vascular System and Lymphatic System
22. Musculoskeletal System
23. Neurologic System
24. Male Genitourinary System
25. Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
26. Female Genitourinary System
Unit 4: Integration of the Health Assessment
27. The Complete Health Assessment: Putting It All Together
28. Bedside Assessment of the Hospitalized Patient
29. The Pregnant Woman
30. Functional Assessment of the Older Adult
Carolyn Jarvis, PhD, APN, CNP, Professor, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University; Nurse Practitioner, Community Health Care Clinic, Bloomington, Illinois