Orthopaedics for Physician Assistants,
The first reference of its kind designed specifically for PAs, Orthopaedics for Physician Assistants is a comprehensive, portable handbook that helps you master orthopaedic physical examination and history taking, imaging interpretation and diagnosis, and treatment strategies - essential knowledge that directly affects your patient care. Authors Sara Rynders and Jennifer Hart present precisely the diagnostic and procedural information you need with this easy-to-use, PA-focused orthopaedic resource!
- Learn how to interpret and correlate lab and diagnostic procedures, reach an accurate diagnosis, formulate effective treatment plans, and implement therapeutic strategies.
- Quickly grasp pertinent information with brief, bulleted text enhanced with clear diagrams and images.
- Easily follow the guidelines for each procedure thanks to consistent headings in each chapter and a handy outline format.
- See how to perform 14 key joint injections with online videos demonstrating elbow joint injection, knee joint injection, medial epicondyle injection, subacromial injection, digital block, and more.
- Access the entire text and illustrations online at www.expertconsult.com.
2. Shoulder and Humerus
3. Elbow and Forearm
4. Wrist and Hand
6. Hip and Femur
7. Knee and Lower Leg
8 Foot and Ankle
10. Orthopaedic Tumors and Masses
11. Splinting and Casting
12. Wound Care
Sara D Rynders, MPAS, PA-C, Physician Assistant, University of Virginia Hand Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Division of Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery, Charlottesville, Virginia and Jennifer Hart, PA-C, ATC, Physician Assistant, University of Virginia, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Charlottesville, Virginia