Medical Assisting Online for Today's Medical Assistant (User Guide and Access Code), 2nd Edition
Reinforce your medical assisting skills with online learning! Corresponding to CAAHEP and ABHES competencies and to Bonewit-West’s Today's Medical Assistant: Clinical & Administrative Procedures, 2nd Edition, Medical Assisting Online helps you learn and perform common administrative and clinical skills. A variety of exercises provide realistic experience and practice with the competencies you are expected to master. Featuring active, hands-on learning, MAO provides effective preparation for class, labs, and jobs.
- Active, hands-on learning is promoted with modules that are mapped to core Medical Assisting competencies in the textbook.
- Competency-based training activities provide opportunities to learn, apply, and practice skills in a safe virtual environment.
- Review questions ensure that you understand the material before you proceed, and include feedback for both right and wrong answers.
- Lesson quizzes measure your comprehension of the content and provide feedback, with scores automatically submitted to the instructor.
- Video clips demonstrate commonly performed clinical skills and procedures step by step.
- Glossary provides quick access to definitions of key terms with links at the point when they are introduced.
- Pop-up boxes provide in-depth explanations of concepts, detailed illustrations, and examples of forms.
- Updated content reflects the latest CAAHEP and ABHES competencies and familiarizes you with current trends and practices.
Module 1.1: The Health Care System
Module 2.1: The Professional Medical Assistant
Module 3.1: Ethics and Law for the Medical Office
Module 4.1: Interacting with Patients
Module 5.1: Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
Module 6.1: Integumentary System
Module 7.1: Skeletal System
Module 8.1: Muscular System
Module 9.1: Nervous System
Module 10.1: Sensory System
Module 11.1: Endocrine System
Module 12.1: Circulatory System
Module 13.1: Respiratory System
Module 14.1: Digestive System
Module 15.1: Urinary System
Module 16.1: Reproductive System
Module 17.1: Medical Asepsis
Module 17.2: OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard
Module 18.1: Sterilization and Disinfection
Module 19.1: Vital Signs
Module 20.1: The Physical Examination
Module 21.1: Eye and Ear Assessment and Procedures
Module 22.1: Physical Agents to Promote Tissue Healing
Module 23.1: The Gynecologic Examination and Prenatal Care
Module 24.1: The Pediatric Examination
Module 25.1: Minor Office Surgery
Module 26.1: Administration of Medication
Module 26.2: Tuberculin and Allergy Testing
Module 27.1: Electrocardiography
Module 27.2: Pulmonary Function Tests
Module 28.1: Specialty Examinations: Colon Procedures
Module 28.2: Specialty Examinations: Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging
Module 29.1: Introduction to the Clinical Laboratory
Module 30.1: Collection of Urine for Urinalysis
Module 30.2: Urinalysis
Module 31.1: Phlebotomy: Venipuncture
Module 31.2: Phlebotomy: Skin Puncture
Module 32.1: Hematology
Module 33.1: Blood Chemistry and Serology
Module 34.1: Medical Microbiology: Collection of Specimens
Module 34.2: Medical Microbiology: Testing Specimens
Module 35.1: Emergency Medical Procedures
Module 36.1: The Medical Record
Module 36.2: Confidentiality and the Patient Medical Record
Module 37.1: Patient Reception
Module 38.1: Medical Office Computerization
Module 39.1: Telephone Techniques
Module 40.1: Scheduling Appointments
Module 41.1: Medical Records Management
Module 42.1: Written Communications
Module 43.1: Mail
Module 44.1: Managing Practice Finances
Module 44.2: Banking Activities
Module 45.1: Medical Coding
Module 46.1: Introduction to Medical Insurance
Module 46.2: Insurance Claims
Module 47.1: Perform Billing and Collection Procedures
Module 48.1: The Medical Assistant as Office Manager
Module 49.1: Emergency Protective Practices for the Medical Office
Module 50.1: Obtaining Employment