Medical Assisting Online for Today's Medical Assistant, 2nd Edition
Reinforce your medical assisting skills with online learning! Corresponding to CAAHEP and ABHES competencies and to Bonewit-West’s Today's Medical Assistant: Clinical & Administrative Procedures, 2nd Edition, Medical Assisting Online helps you learn and perform common administrative and clinical skills. A variety of exercises provide realistic experience and practice with the competencies you are expected to master. Featuring active, hands-on learning, MAO provides effective preparation for class, labs, and jobs.
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- Active, hands-on learning is promoted with modules that are mapped to core Medical Assisting competencies in the textbook.
- Competency-based training activities provide opportunities to learn, apply, and practice skills in a safe virtual environment.
- Review questions ensure that you understand the material before you proceed, and include feedback for both right and wrong answers.
- Lesson quizzes measure your comprehension of the content and provide feedback, with scores automatically submitted to the instructor.
- Video clips demonstrate commonly performed clinical skills and procedures step by step.
- Glossary provides quick access to definitions of key terms with links at the point when they are introduced.
- Pop-up boxes provide in-depth explanations of concepts, detailed illustrations, and examples of forms.
- Updated content reflects the latest CAAHEP and ABHES competencies and familiarizes you with current trends and practices.
Module 1.1: The Health Care System
Module 2.1: The Professional Medical Assistant
Module 3.1: Ethics and Law for the Medical Office
Module 4.1: Interacting with Patients
Module 5.1: Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
Module 6.1: Integumentary System
Module 7.1: Skeletal System
Module 8.1: Muscular System
Module 9.1: Nervous System
Module 10.1: Sensory System
Module 11.1: Endocrine System
Module 12.1: Circulatory System
Module 13.1: Respiratory System
Module 14.1: Digestive System
Module 15.1: Urinary System
Module 16.1: Reproductive System
Module 17.1: Medical Asepsis
Module 17.2: OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard
Module 18.1: Sterilization and Disinfection
Module 19.1: Vital Signs
Module 20.1: The Physical Examination
Module 21.1: Eye and Ear Assessment and Procedures
Module 22.1: Physical Agents to Promote Tissue Healing
Module 23.1: The Gynecologic Examination and Prenatal Care
Module 24.1: The Pediatric Examination
Module 25.1: Minor Office Surgery
Module 26.1: Administration of Medication
Module 26.2: Tuberculin and Allergy Testing
Module 27.1: Electrocardiography
Module 27.2: Pulmonary Function Tests
Module 28.1: Specialty Examinations: Colon Procedures
Module 28.2: Specialty Examinations: Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging
Module 29.1: Introduction to the Clinical Laboratory
Module 30.1: Collection of Urine for Urinalysis
Module 30.2: Urinalysis
Module 31.1: Phlebotomy: Venipuncture
Module 31.2: Phlebotomy: Skin Puncture
Module 32.1: Hematology
Module 33.1: Blood Chemistry and Serology
Module 34.1: Medical Microbiology: Collection of Specimens
Module 34.2: Medical Microbiology: Testing Specimens
Module 35.1: Emergency Medical Procedures
Module 36.1: The Medical Record
Module 36.2: Confidentiality and the Patient Medical Record
Module 37.1: Patient Reception
Module 38.1: Medical Office Computerization
Module 39.1: Telephone Techniques
Module 40.1: Scheduling Appointments
Module 41.1: Medical Records Management
Module 42.1: Written Communications
Module 43.1: Mail
Module 44.1: Managing Practice Finances
Module 44.2: Banking Activities
Module 45.1: Medical Coding
Module 46.1: Introduction to Medical Insurance
Module 46.2: Insurance Claims
Module 47.1: Perform Billing and Collection Procedures
Module 48.1: The Medical Assistant as Office Manager
Module 49.1: Emergency Protective Practices for the Medical Office
Module 50.1: Obtaining Employment