Textbook of Clinical Echocardiography,5th Edition
Textbook of Clinical Echocardiography, 5th Edition enables you to use echocardiography to its fullest potential in your initial diagnosis, decision making, and clinical management of patients with a wide range of heart diseases. World-renowned cardiologist Dr. Catherine M. Otto helps you master what you need to know to obtain the detailed anatomic and physiologic information that can be gained from the full range of echo techniques, from basic to advanced.
- Get straightforward explanations of ultrasound physics, image acquisition, and major techniques and disease categories - all with a practical, problem-based approach.
- Make the most of this versatile, low-cost, low-risk procedure with expert guidance from one of the foremost teachers and writers in the field of echocardiography.
- Know what alternative diagnostic approaches to initiate when echocardiography does not provide a definitive answer.
- Access the entire text online at www.expertconsult.com, as well as echo video recordings that correspond to the still images throughout the book.
- Acquire a solid foundation in the essentials of advanced echocardiography techniques such as contrast echo, 3D echo, myocardial mechanics, and intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography.
- Fully understand the use of echocardiography and its outcomes with key points that identify the must-know elements in every chapter, and state-of-the-art echo images complemented by full-color comparative drawings of heart structures.
- Familiarize yourself with new ASE recommendations for echocardiographic assessment of the right heart and 3D echocardiography, including updated tables of normal measurements.
1 Principles of Echocardiographic Image Acquisition and Doppler Analysis
2 Normal Anatomy and Flow Patterns on Transthoracic Echocardiography
3 Transesophageal Echocardiography
4 Advanced Echocardiographic Modalities
5 Clinical Indications and Quality Assurance
6 Left and Right Ventricular Systolic Function
7 Ventricular Diastolic Filling and Function
8 Coronary Artery Disease
9 Cardiomyopathies, Hypertensive and Pulmonary Heart Disease
10 Pericardial Disease
11 Valvular Stenosis
12 Valvular Regurgitation
13 Prosthetic Valves
15 Cardiac Masses and Potential Cardiac Source of Embolus
16 Diseases of the Great Arteries
17 The Adult with Congenital Heart Disease
18 Intraoperative Transesophageal Echocardiography
The Echo Exam: Quick Reference Guide
Catherine M. Otto, MD, J. Ward Kennedy-Hamilton Endowed Chair in Cardiology, Professor of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Director, Heart Valve Clinic, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, Washington