Neonatal Nursing Handbook - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card),
- An accessible, quick reference handbook to assist neonatal nurses in making sound clinical decisions and to think critically.
- Consistent format presentation that begins with a brief definition of the problem, diagnostic tests and labs, differential diagnosis where appropriate, and concludes with an algorithm to assist in the decision making process.
- Builds on the strength of content presented in Kenner & Lott's Comprehensive Neonatal Nursing: A Physiologic Perspective, 3e.
- Chapter 19 focuses on Discharge Planning / Coordination of Home Care to provide the nurse with important patient/family teaching and follow up care considerations for the neonate's condition.
- Chapter 20 End-of-Life or Palliative Care helps the nurse understand these important and sensitive care considerations.
Chapter 1: Prenatal, Intrapartal, and Postpartal Red Flags
Chapter 2: Resuscitation and Stabilization
Chapter 3: NICU Admissions
Chapter 4: Neonatal Transports
Chapter 5: Pain Assessment for Newborns and Infants
Chapter 6: Genetic Assessment
Chapter 7: Respiratory Care
Chapter 8: Cardiac Care
Chapter 9: Neonatal Infections
Chapter 10: Gastrointestinal Care
Chapter 11: Total Parenteral Nutrition
Chapter 12: Enteral Nutrition
Chapter 13: Renal Care
Chapter 14: Endocrine/Metabolic
Chapter 15: Hematologic Care
Chapter 16: Surgical Care
Chapter 17: Neurologic Care
Chapter 18: Developmental Care
Chapter 19: Discharge Planning/Coordination of Home Care
Chapter 20: End-of-Life or Palliative Care
Chapter 21: Safety Protocols
Chapter 22: Life Beyond the NICU
Chapter 23: Procedures
A. Diagnostic Tests and Laboratory Values
B. International Conversion Chart
C. Temperature Conversion Chart
D. Weight Conversion Chart
E. Immunization Schedule
F. Drug Guide
G. Critical Pathways
Carole Kenner, DNS, RNC-NIC, FAAN, Associate Dean
School of Nursing, Bouve College of Health Sciences
Boston, Massachusettes and Judy Wright Lott, DSN, RNC, NNP, Professor and Dean, Louise Herrington School of Nursing, Baylor University, Dallas, TX