Complementary Therapies for Physical Therapy - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card),
- PICO (Population, Intervention, Comparison, Outcome) boxes summarize key information and save you time by providing a method for performing quick and accurate literature searches.
- Realistic case scenarios show you how various CAM modalities can be incorporated into treatment for therapeutic benefit.
- The use of the clinical decision-making model prepares you to implement critical-thinking skills across other CAM treatments.
- Well-referenced content with a focus on literature ensures that content is up-to-date and evidence-based to provide you with the tools you need to search additional areas and keep current with new literature in this constantly changing field.
- An emphasis on therapies most relevant to rehabilitation ensures you get the information you need to incorporate CAM into your practice.
1. Definitions, Categorization, and Historical Review
2. Conceptual Framework for Clinical Decision-Making in Complementary and Alternative Medicine
3. Modifiers of Clinical Decision-Making Related to CAM
4. Alternative Medical Systems
7. Mind-Body Interventions
8. Therapeutic Aspects of Yoga
9. Tai Chi
10. Biologically-Based Therapies
11. Ginkgo Biloba
12. Glucosamine Chondroitin
13. Energy Therapy Overview
14. Therapeutic Touch
15. Qi Gong
18. Manual Body-Based Therapies
22. Craniosacral Therapy
Judith E. Deutsch, PT, PhD, Professor and Director, Rivers Lab, Department of Rehabilitation and Movement Sciences, Doctoral Programs in Physical Therapy, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ and Ellen Z. Anderson, PT, MA, GCS, Associate Professor, Department of Rehabilitation and Movement Sciences, Doctoral Programs in Physical Therapy, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ