Core Curriculum for Critical Care Nursing - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card),6th Edition
- Authored by the experts at the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses.
- Reflects the most recent blueprint of the CCRN examination.
- Content spans basic to advanced levels with an emphasis on nursing practice.
- Organized by body system and written in a concise outline format for ease of use.
- Coverage of the AACN Synergy Model is featured in the new opening chapter.
- Professional Care and Ethical Practice is integrated into the Core Curriculum series framework.
- A new chapter on Critical Care Patients with Special Needs includes bariatric and geriatric patients in critical care, as well as high-risk obstetric patients.
- Features new content on chest tubes, liver transplantation for acute liver failure, spirituality, and spiritual aspects of care.
- Integrates pain as the 5th vital sign and includes JCAHO, HCFA, and AHCPR guidelines relating to pain management.
- Features AHRQ evidence-based practice guidelines as reference sources for practice interventions.
- New organization for Patient Care presents patient problems, needs, etc. in order of clinical priority.
- Expanded Nursing Interventions includes considerations related to patient/family education, patient transfer, and discharge planning.
- Web-based resources for CDC, AHA, NINR, National Guideline Clearinghouse, NIH Consensus Conference Proceedings, ADA.
1. Professional Caring and Ethical Practice NEW!
2. The Pulmonary System
3. The Cardiovascular System
4. The Neurologic System
5. The Renal System
6. The Endocrine System
7. Hematologic and Immunologic Systems
8. The Gastrointestinal System
10. Psychosocial Aspects of Critical Care
11. Critical Care Patients with Special Needs NEW!
AACN and JoAnn Grif Alspach, RN, MSN, EdD, FAAN, Consultant, Nursing Staff Development, Preceptor Development and Competency-Based Performance Appraisal Systems
Editor, Critical Care Nurse