Procedures in Phlebotomy - Elsevier Digital Book (Retail Access Card),3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Page Count: 304
List Price: $52.95
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Designed to provide an easy-to-read introduction to the practices and procedures of phlebotomy, this textbook focuses on the basics of phlebotomy and key techniques for blood collection. Its strengths include thorough and concise content, clear procedures, and excellent review questions. The new edition features an expanded glossary, equipment chapter, and certification exam. New photographs, line drawings, and a new overall design enhance the material's visual presentation, and updates ensure all equipment and safety information conforms to current standards.
- An insert of color illustrations in the front of the book shows evacuated tube characteristics, providing a quick reference for determining the appropriate type of tube for blood collection of common tests.
- Competency score sheet checklists enable readers to evaluate their mastery of newly-acquired skills related to the most critical and important steps in phlebotomy procedures.
- Fill-in-the-blank review questions at the end of each chapter act as a self-assessment tool for measuring learning outcomes.
- An expanded, 130-question exam mirrors the multiple-choice format of the actual phlebotomy certification exam, providing complete review and test preparation.
- The updated Equipment chapter describes the latest modern equipment used in practice.
- An expanded Glossary defines important words in the back of the book.
Part 1: The Practice of Phlebotomy
1. Introduction to Phlebotomy
2. Anatomy and Physiology
3. Infectious Diseases and Their Prevention
5. Proper Procedures for Venipuncture
6. Special Collection Procedures
7. Complications of Phlebotomy
8. Multiskilling for Phlebotomists
Part 2: Professional Issues
9. Interpersonal Communication and Professionalism
10. Phlebotomy Department Management
11. Total Quality in Phlebotomy Service
12. Medical-Legal Issues and Health Law Procedures
Appendix A: Animal Phlebotomy
Appendix B: Answers to Chapter Review Questions
Appendix C: Practice Examination for Certification
John C. Flynn, PhD, MS, MT(ASCP), SBB, Professor of Medicine, Chief Physician, Dean for Clinical Affairs, University of Chicago Medicine, Chicago, Illinois