Tietz Clinical Guide to Laboratory Tests - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 4th Edition
- Tests are divided into 8 main sections and arranged alphabetically.
- Each test includes necessary information such as test name (or disorder) and method, specimens and special requirements, reference ranges, chemical interferences and in vivo effects, kinetic values, diagnostic information, factors influencing drug disposition, and clinical comments and remarks.
- The most current and relevant tests are included; outdated tests have been eliminated.
- Test index (with extensive cross references) and disease index provide the reader with an easy way to find necessary information
- Four new sections in key areas (Preanalytical, Flow Cytometry, Pharmacogenomics, and Allergy) make this edition current and useful.
- New editor Alan Wu, who specializes in Clinical Chemistry and Toxicology, brings a wealth of experience and expertise to this edition.
- The Molecular Diagnostics section has been greatly expanded due to the increased prevalence of new molecular techniques being used in laboratories.
- References are now found after each test, rather than at the end of each section, for easier access.
Section 1 Preanalytical aspects New!
Section 2 General Clinical Tests
Section 3 Molecular Diagnostics
Section 4 Therapeutic Drugs and Drugs of Abuse
Section 5 Clinical Microbiology
Section 6 Immunophenotyping Markers New!
Section 7 Pharmacogenomics New!
Section 8 Allergy Testing New!
Alan H. B. Wu, PhD, DABCC, FACB, Chief, Clinical Chemistry, San Francisco General Hospital; Professor, Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA