Veterinary Laboratory Medicine - Elsevier Digital Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Page Count: 368
List Price: $76.95
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
This book is designed to indicate which tests are most clinically useful for the dog, cat, horse, and ruminant, with suggestions for diagnostic applications and interpretations of results. It provides differential diagnostic considerations using algorithms and tables. Practical, clinically-oriented, user-friendly information is ideal for the instruction and diagnostic application of the elements that comprise laboratory medicine.
· Logical organization makes it easy to locate specific tests.
· Coverage addresses the dog, cat, horse, and ruminant.
· Each chapter begins with a summary or introduction leading into the more detailed aspects of the material.
· Full-color illustrations enhance the chapters on Cytology and Hematology.
· Four case histories per chapter are conveniently located in a section at the end of the book.
· Algorithms are placed in a separate section at the back of the book with a table of contents for quick reference.
· Reference Intervals provide normal hematology and serum chemistry values.
· Conversion Tables convert conventional units to SI units.
· All the chapters have been updated with new material.
· Four pages of full-color illustrations have been added to enhance the cytology chapter.
Part I. General Discussions
1. Introduction to Laboratory Medicine
2. Hematology Procedures
3. Hematopoieis and Examination of the Bone Marrow
4. Evaluation of Erythrocyte Disorders
5. Evaluation of Leukocyte Disorders
6. Evaluation of Hemostasis: Coagulation and Platelet Disorders
8. Clinical Chemistry
9. Evaluation of Plasma Proteins
10. Hepatobiliary and Skeletal Muscle Enzymes and Liver Function Tests
11. Evaluation of Exocrine Pancreatic and Intestinal Disorders
12. Evaluation of Endocrine Function, Bone and Mineral Metabolism, and Lipid Metabnolism
13. Evaluation of Renal Function and Urine
14. Evaluation of Electrolyte and Acid-Base Disorders
15. Evaluation of Fluids: Effusions, Synovial Fluid, and Cerebrospinal Fluid
16. Management and Classification of Tissue Specimens Obtained By Fine-Needle Aspiration Biopsy
Part II. Case Histories
Part III. Algorithms
Part IV. Appendix: Reference Intervals and Conversion Tables
Denny Meyer, DVM, DACVIM, DACVP, Executive Director, Navigator Services, Charles River Preclinical Services, Reno, NV and John W. Harvey, DVM, PhD, DACVP, Executive Associate Dean, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL